Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Leak from rear of injection pump, help!!

736 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  BigRed Cummins 
#1 ·
Hi all, new here and I have a question. I have a 92 W250, with a p-pump, 5x.014s, and an AirDog 150. Since I put on the AirDog, there has been a leak at the rear of the injection pump. It drips right on to the front axle. It is not from the return line rubber hose, as that has been replaced and checked and double checked, and it is not from the overflow valve, but if you reach around the back of the injection pump, you can feel the fuel. I am stumped, as are all my friends, please help me out!

#4 ·
the barrels are what is held on by the 2 nuts on the top of the pump body. if these o-rings are leaking, the fuel would be visible from the top also.

And FYI, dont take them apart, the barrels have a pretty precise adjustment to balance the fueling between cylinders.

#5 ·
ah, nope, definitely not leaking from the top of the pump. I cannot physically see where the fuel is coming from, only where it is dripping off of. The more I look at it, it seems like the actual metal return line is leaking. It is dry as a bone at the overflow valve, and also at the rubber connection as far as I can tell. Has anybody heard of the metal line itself actually leaking?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.