Cummins Diesel Forum banner

recommended fuel line

820 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  kucks 
#1 ·
My '96 has been unusable for a month now with the cold weather here. It is obviously sucking air somewhere. I thought it was in the tank, but with fuel full to the filler neck, it just took a dump in the driveway. I'm going to replace everything before the LP and the return (behind the filter) to the tank. I will be buying a Vulcan draw straw and enough rubber line to get from the tank to the LP and the return.

My question is: What is the key to buying the fuel line? I see that some suggest Trident 365, but I don't care to spend $4.50/ft. Is there a certain rating I'm looking for?

Also, any suggestions for getting 34 gallons out of the tank? I'm pretty much alone on these repairs and don't like my chances of dropping a full tank without something going wrong.

Thanks

#3 ·
I had thought about doing that too. I need to figure out the best way to do it solo and outdoors. Damn thing is too long to fit in the garage unless I leave the door open, and my wife doesn't care for the smell of diesel. I'm sure some of it will hit the floor.

How did you lift your box?

#6 ·
Good point. I'm gonna order the parts after my kid's xmas program, and then I'll hope for a 25 degree day to get to work. I've seen some post about tilting the bed on the driver's side. I hope I can get enough clearance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.