Cummins Diesel Forum banner

cooling fan

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ykdave 
#1 ·
Hi to all. My fan hub bearing went bad and broke all the blades on my fan. I can't find another one for the money to save my life. I was wondering if you guys bhad any ideas to whether I shud use the original type or use electric fans off of Lincoln mark 8. This truck pulls a 15000 pound trailer in all year round and it idles alot. Please tell all experience with your cooling set up. I've heard the flex a lite wont pull enough air in the summer time. But I've never used one cause I don't have the money to spend 600 on a fan. Please help.

#5 ·
I'm gonna be different here and say that the mark 8 fan just might do it. As you well know, those are the Jesus of electric fans. In fact, you might be able to rig two of them up. They pull roughly 40 amps each at full load, so you'd want a fan controller for even one. Thing is, a fan controller heavy duty enough would probably take most of the financial incentive out of running one vs running the stock fan.

I've read of some truly gargantuan amounts of cooling provided by the lincoln fan. A guy in Florida had a bronco with a 460 stuck in it, 33 or 35 inch tires with stock gears (so you know it's all up against the torque converter most of the time), with air conditioning...and one mark 8 fan did the trick in the dead heat of summer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.