Fan Hub Bearing - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 94-98 12V Forums > 94-98 Powertrain
94-98 Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 06:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Fan Hub Bearing

Cummins part #3910739
Anyone know a cross reference # for another supplier? I've searched the 'net and come up empty.
Everywhere I look the thing costs around $300.
Found it for $72 at a place in Miami but they only sale wholesale and I don't need to buy a case of them.
Thanks for any advice.
Aaron
laohu69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2010, 06:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Some guys are replacing the actual bearing that resides inside that housing instead of the entire assembly.

Do you have an industrial bearing dealer in your area? I'll bet the actual cost of just the bearing is around $30.

Here is the part number for a replacement: NTN DF0766LUA

Also, did you check at Dodge or at Cummins for the part? Sometimes Cummins direct is much cheaper than Dodge.
1995 D2500 4x4: #10 fuel plate, BHAF, turbo orfice, AFC forward, 3000 GSK, pyro & boost ga. NEXT: trans ga & filt, 4" exhaust, billet TQ, valve body.
UCORA.org -- United Christian Off-Road Alliance.
glfredrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2010, 07:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

the bearings are pretty cheap, i checked it out the last time i had mine off (doin crank seal) and wanted to replace it wile it was out.

I ended up not having one on the shelf (of course, $250,000 worth of bearings in inventory and this is the one we dont have ) so i just threw it back together.
ykdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2010, 09:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the replies.
The $300 is just for the bearing not the complete assembly ($500). And that was the Cummins price not Dodge.
I found several cross reference numbers with further searching- the NTN DF0766LUA you referenced, an NSK BD35-12DU8A, NSK BD35-12ATDDU8 & a Fafnir / Timken GYA100RRB.
Unfortunately I can't find anyplace that has one for sale. Even when searching the manufacturers sites I can't pull them up.
However I did find a post from last month in the 2nd Gen 24 valve forum where a member replaced his fan bearing (same part #) and he got it from some place in Texas for $30 + $10 shipping. I sent him a PM to try and get a contact number.
laohu69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2010, 01:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laohu69 View Post
Thanks for the replies.
The $300 is just for the bearing not the complete assembly ($500). And that was the Cummins price not Dodge.
I found several cross reference numbers with further searching- the NTN DF0766LUA you referenced, an NSK BD35-12DU8A, NSK BD35-12ATDDU8 & a Fafnir / Timken GYA100RRB.
Unfortunately I can't find anyplace that has one for sale. Even when searching the manufacturers sites I can't pull them up.
However I did find a post from last month in the 2nd Gen 24 valve forum where a member replaced his fan bearing (same part #) and he got it from some place in Texas for $30 + $10 shipping. I sent him a PM to try and get a contact number.
https://www.mohawkmfg.com/shop/part/2656/
philwill93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to philwill93 For This Useful Post:
Hit.It. (03-03-2011)
Old 09-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Found the bearing at jv_servs500@hotmail.com for $69.95 iten #121159129681. INstalled it this afternoon in less than 3 hours with limited equipment. Knocked fan nut loose and set fan in shroud, took belt off, removed hub pully, removed hub housing assembly, pounded fan hub out with hammer, pounded out old bearing with BIG hammer, put bearing housing in 300 degree oven and new bearing in freezer, had a beer, took a short nap, tapped the cold bearing into the hot housing after about 1 hour, used old bolt to pull hub into place, put everything back. While I was in there also replaced fan clutch since truck has 330,000 miles. No cuts or mashed fingers. A lot cheaper than Dodge or Cummins price. Hope this helps.

Last edited by jaxter; 09-20-2013 at 07:59 PM. Reason: forgot part number
jaxter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.