Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Where is the case drain supposed to go?

929 views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  alanack6795 
#1 ·
there's a decent diameter tube the comes off the block on the driver's side and just seems to drain oil to the ground. I'm assuming its a case drain. What's this supposed to go to? I'm sure that it wasn't designed to spill oil on to my drive way, but it does do that pretty well.
Thanks.

#4 ·
so any recommendations? How much oil is it supposed to drip? I got a few drops and the only driving I'd done in a few hours was pulling into the garage.

#5 ·
A few drops are OK, But its hard to measure drops on the floor.

A while ago someone posted a pic of a small plastic jar attached to the hose. The jar had holes is the upper half to let gasses out and the jar would hold the drips of oil.

#6 ·
how much oil does the truck use. if the engine is worn out then the tube will drip quite a bit. A good engine will still drip a little or have oil in the tube if you stick your finger in it. but will not leave spots on the driveway. Have you just bought the truck?

#9 ·
Any plastic jar will work. This one is a small Skippy jar. Drive it for a couple weeks, as you normally will, and see how much accumulates.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.