Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Yellowknife, NT, Canada
Thanked 960 Times in 749 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
i know nothing of the DRB3, so maybe it is, or isnt possible to reprogram the vin without first somehow erasing it.
This is what i got off of the writeup i was reading before... The writeup is based on using a DRB3.
If the Powertrain Control Module has been changed and the correct VIN and mileage have not been programmed, a DTC will be set in the ABS, Air Bag and SKIM modules when equipped. In addition, if the vehicle is equipped with a Sentry Key Immobilizer Module (SKIM), Secret Key data must be updated to enable starting.
For ABS and Air Bag systems:
1. Enter correct VIN and Mileage in PCM.
2. Erase codes in ABS and Air Bag modules.
For SKIM Theft Alarm:
1. Connect the DRB to the data link connector.
2. Go to Engine, Misc. and place the SKIM in secured access mode, by using the appropriate PIN code for this vehicle.
3. Select Update the Secret Key data, data will be transferred from the SKIM to the PCM (This is required to allow the vehicle to start with the new PCM).
4. If three attempts are made to enter secured access mode using the incorrect PIN, secured access mode will be locked out for one hour. To exit this lock out mode, leave the ignition key in the Run/Start position for one hour. Ensure all accessories are turned off. Also monitor the ( battery state and connect a battery charger if necessary.
2015 3500 laramie dually. 6.7, aisin, 4.10s, bone stock... (for now
2014 forest river XLR 395amp, 42.5ft of truck killing, wind catching, toy and booze hauling, fun...