Cummins Diesel Forum banner

I need a transmission...47RH...need ur .02

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  bootstrap 
#1 ·
Hey guys...I don't have a lot of time to do research...My truck just died today. I have a stock truck and don't plan on any mods to make more power. The guy in town who does good stock rebuilds wants 1800.00 to rebuild it. I think if I toss in a tad better than stock TC with the billet cover its 200.00 more.
I don't know if that is what's best or not. I don't mind spending more $$$ as I plan on taking it to the grave with me but I also don't feel like spending $$$ on it that I don't need to do (waste).

I plan on getting a truck camper (2-4k lbs) and maybe pull a small boat some day...

So what do you think? I have no clue if a master rebuild kit will fix any and all issues for my trans...

TIA, Garth

#4 ·
What is it doing? What happened when it died? It's best when your having it rebuilt to have a lower stall billet converter put in. Along with that have them put in a superior or trans go shift kit and an upgraded band strut. Tell the builder to then increase line pressure to about 150, tested in overdrive not locked up under wide open throttle.
That makes the unit much improved over stock and I recommend that even for stock power.

#9 ·
MAN...4721.00 OTD on a trans...just makes me sick lol. Let me ask this...if I do the stock rebuild and upgrade the TC what kind should I get? The shop near me says they use a slightly upgraded one with a billet cover. Now is that good enough? or do I need something better? Also when it comes to billet stuff...is the cover the only part of the TC that is billet?
Tx!

#11 ·
plus i would put a trans go shift kit in it stage two. gm gov. pressure sol. and have them put bigger spring in od section little more holding pressure in od

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.