Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Am I thinking right?

907 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  ETA 
#1 ·
So I just put a bunch more go fast parts on the truck. They're in my Sig. My question is this...I have 4gal installed but it'll only twist up to 3k rpm. I'm sure this is due to the stock injectors not being able to spin the hot side enough.
On the same note, at WOT I'll peg my pyro. Is this because I can't fuel the turbo enough to clean itself up? Or do I need to slide my fuel plate back towards stock position till I can get a 62/65/14 htt?

#2 ·
Really? That complicated of a question?

#3 ·
Does it rev up to 4k in nuetral?

#5 ·
If it won't go in drive you are most likely loosing fuel pressure due to a tired ofv.

#6 ·
As I recall stock timing is not conducive to going much past 3k.

Reactions: sootnsmoke
#7 ·
It's at 21 degrees. I think I'm gonna just slide my plate back till it's new turbo time.

#8 ·
That's a lot of timing. When you are towing, do you find the truck struggling when accelerating from a dead stop? Is that the original head gasket with over 319k miles?

#9 ·
No struggling. Pretty sure it's the original. Gonna do head gasket/head rebuild before a new turbo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.