Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1992 Cummins into 1994 2500

869 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  dbshelton 
#1 ·
I have a 1994 Dodge Cummins with 5 speed work truck with a great engine that I want to swap into a bus. I have available a 1992 Cummins engine that I want to run in the 94 truck. What all has to be changed to do this swap?

#2 ·
...why? Your putting a lower horse and torque engine into a truck thats heavier than what it was produced for. Why not spend the money to swap the ve to a p7100 and have two engines with more potential?

#4 ·
I may very well put the VE engine in the bus, but before I go through all the work involved for that, I felt that it would be easier to swap the engine into the 94 and see what kind of condition it is in, do pump mods, etc. Then do the swap.

#6 ·
Nobody here will agree that you should put a ve in your truck if that is what you are looking for.

#7 ·
I wasn't asking for anyone's blessing, just asking if anyone knew what I was getting into. It won't happen again.

#8 ·
I had a 93 in my original 95 4x4. I was pissed when I first looked at it and then just got over it and started modifying it. You can drop it in now worries. If you are asking about issues for the install, you should not have any.

#11 ·
That's probably what will happen. I think 300hp will work fine.
TorqueM funny!

Thanks. I'm now thinking I will build a run-in stand and check for obvious problems first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.