Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Electronic FP gauge reading zero w/snubber..

808 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  jcw74801 
#1 ·
I just installed a Glowshift 100psi FP gauge on my P7100. I know the general opinion of the brand but I've had this gauge laying around for years so I may as well give it a go.

Was going to use the popular drill/tap banjo, grease gun hose, needle valve install but managed to ruin my banjo bolt.

So now I have a Tork Tek snubber. I start up the truck and get zero pressure reading. I disconnect the hose and blow shop air into it and the gauge works fine. Connect it to the engine and get zero reading.

I've read about electronic senders still having bounce with the Tork Tek (their own documentation says so too) and I figured I could still use the needle valve as others have done. But I'm getting no pressure reading at all when hooked up to the motor. But the gauge works fine blowing shop air into it.

I've got the engine running like a scalded dog so I imagine I've got a little bit more than zero FP.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas. Yeah, I know, get an Isspro. And I might. Maybe I should drill a bigger hole in the snubber.

See less See more
#2 ·
Stupid question, are you getting fuel out of the Snubber if you pull the hose off? I would question if it is some how blocked on you.

#3 ·
I wondered the same thing. There is some fuel coming through the snubber into the hose. I'm going to blow shop air through the snubber and see if the gauge responds.

#5 ·
OK, the Glowshift gauge works fine blowing air to the sender with or without the snubber. So then I attached a mechanical gauge to the snubber, on the engine, and took it for a drive. It is reading zero. The gauge does not budge under any throttle setting.

I've never checked fuel pressure on this or any other 12-valve. But there should be fuel pressure at the banjo bolt on the side of the P7100, right? Whether using a tapped oem banjo or a Tork Tek snubber there should be fuel pressure, yes? Unless I'm doing something totally stupid.

#8 ·
Ok, so I'm installing a FP gauge so I can verify the health of my fuel system, right? Then when it tells me there is no fuel pressure I blame the gauge. Well, two different gauges were trying to tell me I got no FP. Duh.

So I pinched off the return line like I've read about so many times and the FP slowly climbs up to 50psi and holds steady. And I can feel real strong pulses in the line so I'm assuming the lift pump is doing its job.

I pull the OFV which is likely the original with 215k on the engine. I stretched the spring just a little bit and now I get a little pressure on the gauge, about 10psi. So, I do believe I'll get a new OFV.

So never mind, my fuel gauge installation was just fine after all, lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.