Cummins Diesel Forum banner

TC Lockup

875 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Mojave Magic 
#1 ·
I just read a thread about TC lockup and watched the video the guy posted along with the instructions. Would this be a wise thing to do for towing? also i saw the guy did it on a 95 12v can this be done on a 98 12v?

#4 ·
TST has a write up for both years and I towed in my 95 with the lock up engaged, however I only really towed a car trailer and the heaviest combining trailer and load was 9K.

#6 ·
Yes, good for towing because you can remain locked even when you have to lift off the throttle which could help tranny temps. Just remember to disengage before coming to a complete stop. Ask me how I know..(I bet I'm not the only one)

#7 ·
Haha i saw in the guys video. He said it will die out on you if you dont kick off the switch. Im going to tinker with it this weekend. I have to order another egt guage. Something is wrong with mine. Im thinking of going with streetglow or isspro.

#8 ·
Other than avoiding locked shifts, the other concern would be that a lock up switch will allow you to remain locked even if there isn't the full line pressure needed. At low rpm in too high of a gear you could still fry the converter clutch if not careful. It just means not driving like an idiot and the fact that you are asking before doing it means you'll probably pay attention and be fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.