Cummins Diesel Forum banner

GSK oh man

922 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Cory151 
#1 ·
I took a look down on the side of my ip today because I plan on installing a 4k gsk and ohh my god. HOW THE H*** DO YOU INSTALL THE KIT. I can barley see the hole let alone get my arm down in there to install the small springs. Any advice guys or even a link to a thread explaining. Thanks!!

#5 ·
Technically speaking no you do not need to install the valve springs if you have no plans on reving past 3k. I've had my 4K GSK for over a month and I don't think ive even hit 3k yet. I have noticed a much better power curve. Much more driver friendly.

#7 ·
I had high expectations when I installed the 4K GSK springs in my motorhome. Absolutely no change! Did the beehive 4K springs too. Big waste of money. Maybe it all got lost in the weight??

Phil Swanson
1995 Bluebird RV

#8 ·
When I bought my 4ks, I stared at the plug for an hour thinking there was no way I was going to do it without dropping something in the hole. Took me a few hours to actually do it, but it's really not that bad. Take your time and use a good magnet. And remember that the spring seat you take out is 2 pieces, make sure you get them both out. Haha.

#9 ·
That access port on the side of the pump is there specifically for this reason. Overall it wasnt that bad just take your time and folloiw the instructions, its also nice to have an extra person to rotate the engine slowly so can watch for the spring in the pump to come around.
It is easliy the most noticable performance gain I did on both of my 1994's that includes turbos and injectors. It really woke both trucks up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.