Cummins Diesel Forum banner

47re jasper tranny

9K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Savvy up 
#1 ·
i have a 96 with 47re and the trans. in it is a jasper reman i bought truck with trans. in it from the owner who bought the truck new. he installed the tranny him self.
everyone one says how this tranny are junk. mine still works good after a year of beating which i can not unstand. i no these tranny r junk. i have no plate 4kg 90hp injectors 20 degrees of pump timming 024 dv and a 62mm turbo. i was reading on jaspers website that they use a 3dics. converter there diesel trannys. could this be y its not shot by now. i mean when i locks into over drive lets say i am at 2000rpm when it locks it drops to 1500 rpms and it pulls hard.
my ? is would it be worth putting a vb in it. or should i pull tranny and have it rebuilt with good culcthes and a good coverter.

#2 ·
I'm not expert.

But if I were you i'd just drive the truck as you normally would and see how long that trans lasts you. I don't see what you have to lose....

Just my $.02

#3 · (Edited)
I have a jasper in my 05 common rail and it has been a very good transmission. it is a work truck pulling trailers. its got 120000 miles on the jasper, the factory only made 100000 miles, it is a 48re so it might be better I don't know. I do have a ats converter and bd diesel controller that's just because 05s don't have od lockout.

#5 ·
I am in the same boat, my 94 12v is lacking the overdrive and I need the truck. Sounds like the jasper is working great for the stock trucks; I was looking at an ATS stage one but for the cost if I can rely on an jasper I might go with that. What are your thoughts. Plus I only live an hour away from ATS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.