Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Nv4500 swap, 4x4 shifter doesn't fit

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  atasirudy 
#1 ·
I'm swapping my 97 47re to nv4500 and the 4x4 shifter doesn't fit the holes on the nv4500. Do I need a differnt shifter?! Seems like the linkage arm would be to long and hit the driveshaft aswell, but I haven't gotten that far

#2 ·
I tried about everyday possible to make my auto shifter work for my swap. Couldn't find a way so if you do figure somethin out let me know otherwise yes your probably stuck with buying one. I'm still looking for one

#3 ·
This was not an issue when i did my swap on my 98, perhaps all you need is a 98-02 shift lever. They shift straight up and down no dog leg, and they don't mount to the tranny at all.

#4 · (Edited)
I made mine fit. A little cutting and some welding and its worked for the last 2 years. If I remember right part of the mount where it bolts was weird. So I took flat steel drilled some elongated holes to match the stock for adjustment. Cut the top of the mount off where the bolt holes are on the auto 4x4 shifter and welded in my top portion of the mount

#6 ·
For the most part yes.

#8 ·
It should but you could just measure it to be sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.