Cummins Diesel Forum banner

wot won't shift

888 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  atasirudy 
#1 ·
I've been having some weird shifting problems. When I completely mash the gas pedal from a dead stop for some reason it won't shift from 1-2 or 2-3 until I let off a little. But if I give it maybe 3/4 throttle it will shift just fine but you guys know I NEED TO FLOOR IT haha. What do you guys think? Any advice would help!

#2 ·
Did you have someone throw the throttle all the way back while you watched the tach? Seems like a throttle cable or tps issue, maybe time for the potentiometer mod.

#3 ·
I literally just replaced the throttle cable and tps. I did a whole throttle linkage replacement.

#4 ·
Is the linkage adjusted properly?

#5 ·
Now when you say ajust do you mean the throttle bar? The actual throttle cable is not adjustable.

#6 ·
Yes, the linkage with the threads on it.

#9 ·
Don't laugh but.. TV cable was to tight (Twards the rear of the truck) and it was stopping me from achieving full throttle and also this fixed another one of my problems in another thread. I was having a problem with my trans not shifting at full throttle and the tight tv cable was also the problem, when I totally floor it with a lot of force it was pulling the tv lever on the trans to far and not letting the trans shift at all

#10 ·
Lol, oh my bad dude. Glad you got it figured out. I have always had manuals or I might have suggested the tv cable earlier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.