Cummins Diesel Forum banner

only 2300rpm?

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  95cumminsturbolag 
#1 ·
Hello guys. So I've been stumped about why my max rpm is only about 2300 when my foot is barried to the floor. If you haven't seen my latest posts I am having wast gate issues and my truck will only make 15 psi max. Is the low boost issue not pushing my motor enough to make the 2700-3000 rpm it should be?

#4 ·
Is that at WOT or just pretty deep in the throttle? Also about how much boost do you run at WOT with your stock hx35y?

#5 ·
boost has nothing to do with rpm,s. if you hold the throttle wide open setting still in netrual you will only make a couple pounds of boost. it takes fuel to make boost. you may have turbo troubles but that is not the reason for the low rpm,s. if your wastgate is stuck closed then it can hold the motor back at high rpm,s but you would be making more boost than you are. I have a 5.9 non turbo in a sprayer and it runs 2900 rpm all day.

Reactions: 95cumminsturbolag
#9 ·
Have a buddy pull the throttle assembly all the way back in nuetral while you are watching the tach, if it goes over 2300 it's your throttle cable.

#11 ·
I had a similar issue, I had trouble hitting. 2400rpm. When I put a gsk kit in I found one spring set cranked in far, and the other set was correct height. Not sure if that was reason and how it got like that, (only had truck about week before gsk install) but thinking someone was @ tinkering" with the spring lock. After gsk I can run it up to 4000 all day long....love it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#13 ·
Thanks for all the help when I get back from vacation I'll see if I can't fix it! Thanks guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.