Cummins Diesel Forum banner

throttle linkage kit.

8K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  alanack6795 
#1 ·
I recently bought a throttle linkage kit for my new stock 94 auto. It came with all the new ball joints and throttle cable. It also came with this big a** spring that goes on the throttle bar linkage and also connected to the injection pump. My question is most 12v's I see don't have or don't use this spring. My built truck dosent have this spring. Is there a reason guys take this spring off or is it nothing to worry about? (it also makes it a little hard to floor the petal)

#2 ·
Reactions: Speedfrak78
#6 ·
LOL...i didn't loo at these until after that last post.. I don't think i have ANY return springs on my '96..might be the big spring i found in the yard a couple months back..lol. Probably why it hangs and won't go back to idle...:banghead:

#4 ·
#5 ·
Hey GAmes do you know if anyone has undertook a redo of the whole linkage system seeing how they seem to wear out? I'm looking for ideas before i tackle it. I kept trying to get one of those CANZ9700's a couple years ago because the ball studs were corroded on mine, i gave up and ended up machining some SS studs. My newer truck has the same issues, but the cables are worn through in spots so it needs a complete redo..and i no longer have access to a machine shop..:CRY: Local motorcycle shop says he can make me some new cables, any ideas on the hard linkage? I'm thinking rod and heims..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.