Cummins Diesel Forum banner

weld or ??

876 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  coalroll4power 
#1 ·
So with the information I got from all the helpful advice you guys have been giving me about my turbo project. Im now at my last stand still. For perminatly closing my wast gate flap shut should I weld it? I know for a fact that the exhaust manifold is cast but im not sure about the inside of my turbo turbine housing. If the inside of the turbo is steel or even cast could I weld it without causing any cracks or very expensive damage? Thanks for taking the time to help me! And any information will help.

#4 ·
How does your turbo act with it? How much boost does it make? Does it bark a lot when you let off?

#5 ·
I have a 66 now, but it never barked. I only had enough fuel to push it to 35psi. You'll have to keep an eye on your boost if you have more fuel. IIRC, 35 is the limit of its efficient range.

Reactions: 95cumminsturbolag
#6 ·
You could weld onto the stock arm that the waste gate actuator attaches too and make a bracket then uses one of the bolt holes to keep it shut. Would hold all psi and not weld inside the turbo/gate

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.