Cummins Diesel Forum banner

OFV which one to get?

986 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Terrazzoguy 
#1 ·
I'm going to replace OFV-- not sure what to get.

I am seeing price ranges from $28 for an OEM no name from Larry B or Geno---- up to $77 for a OEM Bosch OFV

Are the cheap ones any good or does it pay to go with the Bosch?

#2 ·
If you have an aftermarket lift pump such as fass or air dog it would be best to get the more expensive one such as Larry b. If im not mistaken the only thing the more expensive ofv does is allow you to make more fuel pressure with is also noted in most of there adds to give you more "HP" so if you looking to just get a stick replacement then get the stock ofv or if you want somewhat of an upgrade I'd go with the Larry b.

Reactions: D-Rex
#3 ·
I've replaced stock over flow valves with cheap ones and they make no difference from what came with the truck right from the dealer.

Reactions: D-Rex
#6 ·
Yes-- that is exactly what I was thinking of buying- one stop shopping.

Do you have your gauge permanently installed in the cab? I just got off the phone with them and they said yes can use their hose extension and this gauge kit to do a permanent installation but will need to rig something in the cab to hold the gauge. I know their are a bunch of gauge units available on the market that glow how various mounting options---- I have a stock work truck so I just need something functional and relatively inexpensive

#8 ·
question for you which may be rather dumb but before I order I want to make sure I understand---- Larry by kit comes with a new bleed screw with snubber that replaces the existing one in top of fuel filter house banjo. Once that is in the gauge screws into the top of snubber (or the hard ware for the extension tube scews in there and then feed into cab w/ gauge.)

When I spoke to Larry's they mentioned to be sure to leave air in the extension tube before sealing up the gauge to the extension tube or else it will do the wild fluctuations hard to read---I sort of got what he meant but I've never done this before. The snubber stops the pressure spikes from killing the gauge immediately---but apparently needs some air in the extension tube as well?

any input to clarify this for me would be much appreciated

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.