Cummins Diesel Forum banner

47re woes.....

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  dodgeram18 
#1 ·
So I finally know what my trans has. Billet tc, upgraded clutch counts, vb, more or less a nadp 450hp tranny. Now for the questions. 2-1 shift is harsh. All the shifts r firm which is fine but 2-1 downshift clunks. Is there an adjustment for this? It only downshifts around 1100 rpm....could this be causing the clunk?
Also wen going wot from a standstill 1st gear pulls really hard then 2nd and 3rd and 4th kinda just sit there and float. Rpm stays around 2700 and boost around 30 the whole time til od locks then boost hits 40 and it pulls like a bugger. So basically without the tc locked if feels like a big waste of energy. Any way to put more load on the motor (which translates to acceleration). Or is the tc slipping? Which idk if it can slip unlocked cause when it locks there's no slip at all. :confused013: educate me here guys....this is my first auto :S:

#6 ·
Ok. I'm kinda thinking about a tc and billet input for this so I will talk stall with the tc supplier at time of purchase. Hopefully a gsk can help by adding rpm on the top end?

#3 ·
start with the fluid level first make sure it is right in operating range. fluid levels can make an auto do weird things. if thats all good, try changing out the cheapest part first. rpm speed sensor,( located on drivers side of transmission. white plastic 1 1/8" i think), if its still shifting weird. try changing the governor pressure solenoid and while your in there for the few extra bucks change the governor pressure sensor both located under the filter. all of these are simple fixes. my old 47re had different issues but the gov solenoid solved my issues. your might be rpm speed sensor. so start there. i also have a write up on the sensor and solenoid swaps. ill try to find it.

#7 ·
Right on great info and writeup :thumbsup: did u use a stock solenoid? I thot I remembered people using some kinds gm tranny solenoid for better results :confused013: I will do this at some point anyways cause I gotta change the filter and perhaps mod the vb for 2nd gear lockup......:stirpot:

Reactions: dodgeram18
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.