Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Tappet Cover Gasket Question - Felpro or Cummins?

7K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  bkoso85 
#1 ·
Going to be replacing my Injection pump, so I might as well replace my tappet cover gasket. Should I go with Felpro or Cummins ? Does it matter? Also, anything else I should reseal while I'm in there?

#2 ·
Put them side by side and you won't find a difference. Even the molded numbers and letters will be the same.

#4 ·
The vacuum pump seal kit sells for about $12 from Cummins. What will that $125 piece of metal with no vent do for you besides make you poorer?

#9 ·
They do sell them billet with holes for the breather for upwards of $250. The one i got is from Kennys Pulling Parts, so alot of thier stuff is for pulling trucks that aren't using the stock puke tube. I like it cause it's o-ringed and you never have to worry about the stock breather-which isnt in a great location anyway. I'm installing a 24v breather in mine because it's a little higher and less prone to puking then the tappet breather. Using an oil fill valve cover with a billet oil cap .

#11 ·
Thanks guys. I'm going to pass right now on the billet. Just does not seem worth it. Just going to reseal it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.