Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Newer style transfer case linkage.

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  1sttimecummins 
#1 ·
Hey guys finishing up my nv4500 swap in my 95. Everything went ok but the two things I had to get were a new rear driveshaft since mine was too short and the newer style transfer case linkage since my trans and transfer case are out of a 98.5 truck I got the front shaft when I bought the nv4500 and case so that good just need the rear. But my question is does anyone have a picture of how to mount up the new style transfer case linkage. It looks like it mounts to the floor. Any help would be appreciated. Pics anything. Thanks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
That would be awesome Cowboy303. I know it mounts to the floor just wanna see where. Because my 95 shifter and now the spot I cut in the for the manual trans is a decent size so I don't see how this will mount in it unless I weld a patch and re do the hole for the new transfer case shifter.

#7 ·
Dninty9 I wouldn't see why not that's basically what I'm doing except my reasoning is due to switching transmissions and transfer case. I did notice I won't be able to mount the new 4x4 shifter assembly as well as it should though due to the fact that the whole in the floor for the old style shifter is way bigger then what the new style mounts to. I can make it work though. I'll take pics tonight if I finish it. Still confused on how to mount the dang shifter cup holder console so many brackets and don't know where they go haha.

#8 ·
Yes, you can switch styles. You can bend a piece of sheet metal to cover the old hole, and screw your new shift mount to that.

If somebody with a factory new setup could measure back from the floor-firewall seam to the frontmost bolt hole for the shift mount, that would be very helpful for some of us.

#9 ·
I have a 97 auto 4x4. I am wondering what parts I need to change my transfer case shifter to the 98 newer style? I have a floor console from a 99 5 speed 4x4 truck. I want to use this for cup holders on the floor and the spot were the stick shift comes through I'm going to fill it in with sheet metal and mount switches in it.

So I just need to know what parts I need to convert my old style 4x4 shifter to the new style. And does it all just bolt in? I know I have to patch the floor and cut a new hole.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.