Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Clutch going out?

742 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Baja 
#1 ·
So on my 94 dodge 3/4 ton I push in the clutch an it feels a bit soft but not to bad but will not go into any gear so I shut it off and put it into every gear restart it and eventually got it ino gear but every shift was a fight so I was wondering is it the hydraulics or the whole thing over all or am I way off and it's something else

#2 ·
I had an 05 do that, it ended up being a broken release lever on the pressure plate and it wasn't releasing the clutch plates.

#3 ·
Agree with the above, something is wrong with the mechanics that release the clutch. I had a similar problem in a old jeep. It was a fork bending under the pressure which would cause the clutch to not release all the way.

#5 ·
So I'm looking at the south bend single disc rated at 400 horse power and 800 foot pounds of tourqe I'm planning on taking out the fuel plate or putting in a #0 I have no other major mods. Do you think this is a good fit

#6 ·
Plenty of room to grow.

#7 ·
^ I agree with the above.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.