Fuel Plate Profiles - NC - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > Technical Articles - Writeups - Guides Section > 94-98 Tech Articles > 94-98 Performance
94-98 Performance Tech articles dealing with gaining power from the 2nd gen 12V engine

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2005, 04:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Fuel Plate Profiles - NC

Here is a rough drawing of what different fuel plate profiles look like. It gives you a good comparison of profiles.
Attached Thumbnails
Fuel Plate Profiles - NC-plateprofiles0ny.jpg  

Last edited by Tom05; 12-30-2005 at 04:45 PM.
Tom05 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2005, 06:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

The 100 seams awfully thin to me at the starting point? when I built one for my sons 94 I tappered back in alot further than that......maybe I built a 90 plate or something? It did make a big difference though
  Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2005, 07:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Yea, I would think you would want a bit more material there. The drawing is not to be used for an exact profile, but is a great guide.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

what do the numbers represent?

D
2007 Ram2500 Laramie Mega Cab 6.7 auto 4X4. N-Fab nerf bars, pre-runner, rear runner 2" level kit, 20's XD795 Hoss - Black. BFG's 305/55/20 Hella 4000 lights. Smoked cab lenses. I'm done with the outside!
BigD is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2005, 07:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Head

The numbers represent the profile that you would get if you went to TST or somebody like that and gave them the number. The #100 is a combination of a #10 and a #0. Hopefully that is now clear as mud.
Tom
Old 03-28-2006, 08:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnTom
Here is a rough drawing of what different fuel plate profiles look like. It gives you a good comparison of profiles.
Thanks that is the picture i was looking for.
1996 3500 ext.cab 2wd,modified trans.&torque converter,HTB2 62/14 turbo,#10 fuel plate,4"exhaust,autometer pyro&boost gauges.
get R done is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2006, 11:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Head

nice pic. All of the people that like to make plates out of stocker could really use that. I could have used it about 9 months ago when i made my stocker to a #100. But nice work.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

LOL, I made that drawing some time ago...amazing how these things get filtered around the different sites. And yes, it is rough, and only to show the "general differences".

Whit as far as the hook goes....when I built mine originally, I only wanted the 100 profile to give the bottom edge of the plate a little more chance ot grabbing the gov arm before it went under, otherwise I wanted a zero. I've seen the 100 you put in the boy's rig and if it fuel hard enough then there's no worries. With only about 3/8" of verticle travel though, getting out of the hook quick and into full rack was my goal. When I made my bosses plate P7100 Custom Plate Tuning - A I made it to fuel hard then start pulling it fairly quick because he refuses to go any bigger with his turbo than his stage 3 HTT HX35. To pull fuel early then let it go full rack later is actually backwards for most mild to moderate applications. We run into EGT problems on the top end with RPM, but generally not down below given the same amount of fuel. So to really get the poop out of a 100...or a custom curved 10 like I made, we get out of the hook fast for hard fueling where we can handle the temps, then pretty quick like start to defuel it some as the rpm band elevates. This makes for a lot of fuel and power where the engines make it anyway, but leans it a little before temps are a problem.

Notice the quick ramp off idle. And in reality, as the throttle is nailed off idle, the arm lands right in the deepest p[art of the plate, then almost immediately starts defueling gradually. This plate, once I polished it, was made exclusively for his truck and with the RPM's it currently sees. It was a major difference from the run of the mill 100 that was in it. He can hold her to the wood till he runs out of governor and never see high temps...and the truck is quicker.

For those wanting to really get the most safe power from a budget 12 valve, the method in that thread is really the only way to go, and it will get you real acquainted with your pump and engine.

Chris

'95 2500 Std Cab 4X4...
DTT billet trans and billet triple disc, billet flexplate, compound turbos, AEM Dryflow, 160 pump, custom plate, 191's, EDM370's, peaked and tweaked AFC, rack control plug, 20*, 3K, head studs, marine +.020 HG, Water/meth

got...DIESEL? is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2006, 06:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

i bin looking for a good plate to installe in my 96. a couple of guys i know have took ther's out and nothin more. what happens when u run no fuel plate?
deezzil power is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2006, 08:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Thats not a real good idea. Theres a ball on the end of the govner arm (i believe not 100% sure on where exactly it is but it's in there), the ball will fall off when it's traveled to far and drop down into the pump. When it does that it wipes out the pump. So do it at your own risk.
ndurbin is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2006, 12:01 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezzil power
i bin looking for a good plate to installe in my 96. a couple of guys i know have took ther's out and nothin more. what happens when u run no fuel plate?
I run no fuel plate, no problem, just a lot of power.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,120 Times in 1,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogA$$
I run no fuel plate, no problem, just a lot of power.
A lot of people have said that but then come crawling back a few months later with their tail between their legs wishing they had listened to the advice of folks with more experience...
The damage is a very consistant $1200.
Stock for one day
illflem is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.