'94 12v air/exhaust combo - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 94-98 12V Forums > 94-98 Performance Parts Discussion
94-98 Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 94-98 Trucks No Advertising ...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2006, 01:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
'94 12v air/exhaust combo

I have a 1994 2500 12v 4x4 manual that I want to squeak a little more performanceand efficiency out of. From what I am reading, my first step is to modify the air intake syatem and allow for a more free flowing exhaust. I am all about more horsepower and torque, however, fuel economy and loadness of the truck are of primary importance.

I use this truck as a daily work truck...and I need to have the exhaust as quiet aspossible. All of my work is in exclusive neighborhoods and the residents don't dig on the loud trucks rolling thru the 'hood. Not that I don't agree with them, but they are the ones paying my bills and I need to comply with their desires.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
panamaboone is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2006, 09:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
A good exhaust and cold air intake would certainly get you started in the right direction.
farmboysdiesel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2006, 09:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

Well, I suggest you rip that factory air box outta there and throw on a Nanofiber air filter. More flow, lower EGTs, and super easy to clean. No wet washing, no cleaner, no oil. Just take it off, blow it clean from the inside out with compressed air, and throw it back on. Also, if you want more efficiency and better mileage, change your oil and fluids over to a good synthetic (ahem, like AMSOIL, cough), and things will roll and run better. Also run a good fuel additive to clean your injectors out to get them back up to efficient operation. And in case is isn't obvious, I have everything you need in stock. :thumbsup
I've attached some photos of the new AMSOIL Ea air filter using Donaldson Nanofiber media.
-Chuck
Attached Thumbnails
'94 12v air/exhaust combo-dscn0419sm.jpg   '94 12v air/exhaust combo-dscn0428sm.jpg   '94 12v air/exhaust combo-dscn0422sm.jpg  

Duluth Diesel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2006, 03:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
JKM
Cummins Fan

What do these filters go for? $$?

Mine- 95 2500 4x4, 47rh, Billet TC , shift kit, 285 timberline M/T. Bhaf intake w/ custom heat shield, 5" flo-pro ,147k. 10 plate, 191 dv's, Di Pricol pillar gauges, boost elbow, piers I/C boots timed at 17.5*
On the shelf - 3k gsk, grover air horns
coming soon- Tow mirrors, and Twins?

looking for - 97 or 98 reg cab (or ext cab short box in the 98)4x4 5 sp 12v
JKM is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2006, 01:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

What's the amsoil number on that?? I get a couple different options using their cross reference, and no pics to compare.

Brad
1996 2500 CTD, Ext Cab SLT, Longbed 4x4, 260K, 5 spd, 4:10's, 4 inch lift, 315/75/16's, Max Spool 2, HTT 64/65/12, Smokem's 5x012's, No plate, Hacked AFC, Autolite EGT, Boost & Fuel Pressure guages. 2005 Wideglide, 98ci, 37g's, 10:1, race heads.
Ridemywideglide is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2006, 08:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

It is an eaau4090 filter. They go for $61.70 normally, and $46.25 to my Preferred Customers. I also have reusable Nanofiber drop-in filters for 2nd and 3rd gen trucks that go in the factory airbox. Those are pretty popular for 3rd gen guys who do the swiss cheese airbox thing. I also have Nanofiber filters for Harleys.

Thanks guys.
-Chuck Deye

Duluth Diesel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2006, 03:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

I have a truck very similar to yours and I put in a single 4" turbo-back exhaust and an open air filter and it has a quicker acceleration, and it stays higher in rpm on the highway, and its power you can feel. And I would suggest you to inquire about an exhaust insert that might lower the exhaust tone.
Boa550 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2006, 05:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

I almost hate to say this but I will...

The biggest gains you'll get (and the cheapest) will be by increasing the fueling, not the air (yet). The '94-'95's defuel early, a 4kGSK (3K for autos or unless you don't want to replace the valve springs) will transform the way the truck drives. A set of 215 will also really wake it up then find a set of 181 delivery valves to smooth out the low RPM's. I've run this set up through the stock exhaust and got decent milage and performance. The next step would be a turbo exhaust housing (I ran a wastegated 14cm).

To improve your milage, install a valet kit and only turn on the power when you want/need it. I'm getting 18.5 mpg with my current setup (913 pump fueled for twins).

Flame suite on...

'94 3500 4x4, 299,000 miles
Extreme1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.