ev2 isspro egt gauge messed up? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 94-98 12V Forums > 94-98 Performance Parts Discussion
94-98 Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 94-98 Trucks No Advertising ...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2012, 06:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
ev2 isspro egt gauge messed up?

me and my friend just installed our gauges and the gauge is not moving "smooth" its like bumpy like a clock (best way to discribe it) and i dont think its reading the temp right. any ideas did i put the probe in too far or something?
97' 2500 - d70/60, KDP, Source automotive bult transmission, Boost elbow, napa BHAF, fuel plate removed, AFC tuned to my entelligence, isspro gauges egt, trans temp, boost, A1 studs, 4k Gsk, 60# springs, Homemade coolant bypass, airdog 165, tork tek 50 hp ofv
alextsi66 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

where did you install the probe?
97 12v 5 spd,650cc scheid injection pump,.022 dv's,hamilton 188/220 cam,adjustable fuel plate,5x18 injectors,Airdog 150,.060 pressure regulator,5k gsk, 24* timing,arp headstuds,water/meth injection,E.D. s466,p-n-p head,o-ring,SB3600DD
97silver12v is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2012, 07:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Sasquatch

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Check the grounds.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

i checked my ground its piggyed in with my other iss gauges that all work good. i installed the probe on the manifold i fallowed geno's for where to install it on there. could the probe be too far in? i dont see why it worked smooth one time and all the rest its messed up. acts like the second hand on a clock.
97' 2500 - d70/60, KDP, Source automotive bult transmission, Boost elbow, napa BHAF, fuel plate removed, AFC tuned to my entelligence, isspro gauges egt, trans temp, boost, A1 studs, 4k Gsk, 60# springs, Homemade coolant bypass, airdog 165, tork tek 50 hp ofv
Old 08-19-2012, 10:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Sasquatch

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Try giving the gauge its own ground connection, what you're describing is exactly how a gauge acts when it has a not so great connection.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

ill try that tomorrow. i checked the ground at the gauge with a volt meter and there was 0 resistance
Old 08-23-2012, 03:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

my isspro performax pyro is alittle funky too. if theres slow changes in egt, its jumpy. if its a fast change, like 5th lugs, then its fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.