Cummins Diesel Forum banner

ATS 4000 Turbo

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  TorqueDawgg 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,
I found a ATS 4000 turbo that a guy took of his 99 24v. He says it only has 15000 miles on it and great condition. He is looking to get 800 for it w/ a HX40 downpipe... he wants to get a turbo that is better to pull with. Do you think 800 is a good deal and will it work ok with my 94 12v? I just bought the 12v and currently restoring it.
Will it be ok if I do not install injectors right away?

#4 ·
Thanks for the help guys!! I think I will buy it aslong as he doest back out or sell it behind me. I have been trying to build this truck on somewhat of a budget but it is so hard!!

Its def not cheap to build these diesels... should have stuck with the Mustang projects.lol

Do you think head studs would be necessary with this one? I am sure I already know the answer but it could save me $400 if I dont need them. Some guys say do studs and some say torque the bolts down more.

Any recommendation on the injectors? Miles well order them while I am spending the $$$$

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.