Banks power fuel plate and waste gate - Page 4 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 94-98 12V Forums > 94-98 Performance Parts Discussion
94-98 Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 94-98 Trucks No Advertising ...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2011, 12:10 PM   #37 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Not sure exactly what kind of proof I can provide for that other than go watch one run on a bench. All I'm saying is I watched one run at school on a bench and at peak torque (cant remember exactly what RPM that was at id have to loook, its different per application) stock plate slid the whole way forward it was pushing 120cc's of fuel. With the plate out at the same RPM it only flowed 60cc's. Now im not saying that higher up in the RPM range your not gonna gain anymore fueling, cause you probably will, but not a lot, but if your looking for all out torque down low then leave the plate in cause thats where the pump was designed to deliver full fuel.
01 2500 QCSB 4x4 - NV4500 Swap, 3600# SD from Kenny's, Quadzilla ADR 4k, 150HP Jammer Nozzles, RSD 4" Down Pipe-5" Straight Pipe, AEM CAI, Raptor 150, Big Line Kit Tank to VP, Leveled, Recon Smoked Cab Lights (110# Springs, HD Rods, Head Studs, in the works)

Last edited by 1stgen3rdgendodge; 07-29-2011 at 12:17 PM.
1stgen3rdgendodge is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2011, 12:59 PM   #38 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,390 Posts
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
interesting....this is the very first time i have ever heard someone say ANYTHING close to this.

personally i dont see how this could be possible. the plate onle effects top end fueling and torque doesnt occur at that point so i dont see how this is possible. BUT i have no facts that could back up my statement so im here to learn
'97-5" straight #100 ff, 19*, 4k gsk, AD II 165, valair dd clutch, 1-3/8" billet input, ARP studs, 60#, BD Super B over s475, 024's, Mayville WI best 5x14's,
'90-4" exhaust, kdp killed, pacbrake, 60 lb springs
12valvedriver is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2011, 02:09 PM   #39 (permalink)
Diesel Head

I'm not trying to upset anybody or start any arguments. Just stating what I witnessed. I would have never believed it before. Now I'm not sure why it happend like that. Teacher didn't go into detail and explain why just wanted to show us. We never tried it at higher RPMs to see what kind of results we would get.
01 2500 QCSB 4x4 - NV4500 Swap, 3600# SD from Kenny's, Quadzilla ADR 4k, 150HP Jammer Nozzles, RSD 4" Down Pipe-5" Straight Pipe, AEM CAI, Raptor 150, Big Line Kit Tank to VP, Leveled, Recon Smoked Cab Lights (110# Springs, HD Rods, Head Studs, in the works)
1stgen3rdgendodge is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2011, 03:10 AM   #40 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrswoodworking View Post
My 12 valve is a 98 and have to smog it.
Don't I need the egr to pass smog?
yes you do. but you can easily unblock the manifold and swap intake horns for smog and clear your trouble code with a scanner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12valvedriver View Post
interesting....this is the very first time i have ever heard someone say ANYTHING close to this.

personally i dont see how this could be possible. the plate onle effects top end fueling and torque doesnt occur at that point so i dont see how this is possible. BUT i have no facts that could back up my statement so im here to learn
the plate limits max fueling (boost or no boost) at particular rpm, hence why they give you a profiled cut.

if it's restricting fueling at low rpm it will affect torque.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:33 PM   #41 (permalink)
Diesel Head

I ripped my Fuel plate out just the other day and seems to be like a rocket ship haha.. why single disc? I was shootin for a dual disc street cluth?
Old 08-02-2011, 07:19 AM   #42 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
didnt know what you were going to be using the truck for, you dont need a dual disc to hold 300 hp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.