Well guys, I finally got a good start on my truck. It is a '96 CCLB 4x4, SLT Laramie, with a DTT 47RE. Picked it up last year from Rob (Dragsterrob) up in Michigan. Let's just say, I know why they call the north up there the "Rust Belt"..
I've been tinkering with it, just doing the normal pump mods, cold air intake, yatta yatta, but now I finally got started on the real work. I bought it wrecked, it had a snow plow on it when it was wrecked, so it pretty much wadded the frame up under it. I'm doing a frame swap, and restoring the whole thing to be a driver/weekend warrior, but also be able to use it to haul my woodsbuggy around.
Here she is when I first brought it home.
I plan for about 450-500hp, and pretty much know how I'm gonna get there. I'm just focusing on getting it on the road for now. Here are my current mods:
-Suncoast Billet TC
-Of course, tabbed KDP
-Got AutoMeter Bosot, EGT, Trans Temp.
-AFE Cold air intake
-AFC mods; fender washer, 1/8" off the foot, all that good stuff.
-215 injectors coming this weekend, as temporaries till my Bigguns.
-Daystar 2.5" leveling kit, and 3" lift blocks for the rear. - I'll install when I swap frames.
As a great gift, my grandparents gave me a $1000 dollar check for my 16th birthday last year to spend on the truck, so I had a little dough to play around with.
I picked up these wheels and tires, along with all center caps and new lug nuts for $300!
Here it is with 'em on it.
Of course, I spent the other $700 on the go-fast stuff... Haha.
Anyways, I got a good head start on the body work this weekend. I plan to do all the body work to the cab before I swap it over. All the sheet metal replacement, that is. Saturday I tore into 'er. Got the fenders off, doors off, and stripped the interior out (Which is d*mn near flawless, with the exception of a small tear in the seat.)
I cut the old rockers off, well what was left of em.. and went and picked up the replacements.
Check em out before...
The new ones fit like a glove.
Clamped on for now.
Now, It was time to tackle those floor pans. I'll be replacing the whole front half of the pans. I'm blaming that stupid soound detenor and carpet pad for holding all the moisture.
After a little work with the grinder.
I cut my dang air hose dragging it across the floor, pulling it through the other side.
It got snagged on a sharp spot where I had cut the rocker panel off, and cut it like a razor. I hadn't been working on the floor for 15 minutes...
I wasn't about to let that stop me, so I had to make a quick fix.
Here it is after all the grinding. I put rust converter on it too, forgot to snap a pic of it after I got it all on there.
Stay tuned for bunches more. I'll keep you guys updated as much as I can.
I can't wait to get the paint scheme I got planned out layed down on it.