Cummins Diesel Forum banner

400hp build ?

77K views 49 replies 22 participants last post by  glowplug 
#1 ·
I've been talking with a local cummins certified diesel mechanic about building a 400+hp p-pump 12v. He says with proper engineering, he can make it run like a factory engine, as far as egt's, smoke, etc. The engine I'm starting with is basically a core, so were talking total rebuild. He's quoted me for sleeving and boring the block, rebuilt head with valve job and hardened studs&90# springs, oil pump, water pump, bench tuned for 400hp rebuilt injection pump&injectors to match, and rebuild kit. 9600 in parts,1600 in labor. So my questions are, is this a decent price. And any recommendations on a company that builds a good solid 47rh that can handle amn engine like that.
Any epxerience apprecciatted! Doug

#50 ·
i built my head my self it cost me 800 in parts then i was gona rebuild the bottom end. if the crank and rods are in good shape then the standerd rebuild kit with all the gaskets for the bottrom end is 900$ so lets just say you do it ur self and the rebuild is 2000$ then take the rest of your money and but some cool shiz !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.