Mod's for tow rig - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 94-98 12V Forums > 94-98 Performance Parts Discussion
94-98 Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 94-98 Trucks No Advertising ...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 05:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Thud View Post
Okay, at the 500 end you could build a good tow rig that is fun to drive when the trailer is unhooked with 7x10's and a 62. You should pm jkidd, he's a site sponsor and I know he can get you a good deal on a turbo and I believe had can even put a custom one together for you and it won't cost as much as you think.
pretty sure Jkidd can get him a 62/68 or 64/68 I think that would be a great towing turbo
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2010, 05:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Thanked 1,280 Times in 708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Deezul View Post
I guess I am thinking 5 speed since that's what I have, and having to re-spool each gear change.
I know what you mean, driving a somewhat bigger turbo with a 5 speed takes some getting used to and I wouldn't want to tow with this truck. Well there's more reasons than losing spool I wouldn't tow with this truck. Autos are definitely more forgiving when it comes to not losing spool.
1989 Chev: 95 12 valve, Super B Special/CompR 83, dual feed 800 cc pump, 0.093 lines, 5k gsk, B.A.D. 5X0.018 sac injectors (.015" lift, .020" stroke), Raptor 150, XX Fuel filtration system, 28, MFILive, P&P head, DPS exhaust manifold, Pusher tubular intake horn, tunnel ram intake plate, NV4500, South Bend Clutch, Hurst Roll Control, ARB air lockers, 4:10's, Yukon chrome moly 35 spline outers, Pit Bull Rocker Bias 39.5X16.5-17. B.O.T.T.S.R Proconsul of Canada
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeram2500 View Post
when takeing the ring out u r boring ur turbo to a fat shaft, or stage 1 turbo. if u look in the diesel power mag u will see wat i am tlkin about.
Wet_Thud is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2010, 05:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

look to for a set of injectors mine are on the way to replace my 5x12's
Old 11-28-2010, 05:34 PM   #16 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Thanked 1,280 Times in 708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Deezul View Post
pretty sure Jkidd can get him a 62/68 or 64/68 I think that would be a great towing turbo
that's who to contact
1989 Chev: 95 12 valve, Super B Special/CompR 83, dual feed 800 cc pump, 0.093 lines, 5k gsk, B.A.D. 5X0.018 sac injectors (.015" lift, .020" stroke), Raptor 150, XX Fuel filtration system, 28, MFILive, P&P head, DPS exhaust manifold, Pusher tubular intake horn, tunnel ram intake plate, NV4500, South Bend Clutch, Hurst Roll Control, ARB air lockers, 4:10's, Yukon chrome moly 35 spline outers, Pit Bull Rocker Bias 39.5X16.5-17. B.O.T.T.S.R Proconsul of Canada
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeram2500 View Post
when takeing the ring out u r boring ur turbo to a fat shaft, or stage 1 turbo. if u look in the diesel power mag u will see wat i am tlkin about.
Wet_Thud is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2010, 07:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

right on so we got 62/68 or 64/68 turbo 7x10 injector's 4k gsk #100 fuel plate?? starwheel twink dtt or rev max auto trans rebuild...if i do this do i have to pump the timing right away? or can it hold off tell later date?
94 2500 Reg Cab 4x4 glowshift 3in1 GSK 4K FP #100 AFC tuned OFV fixed 7x12 injectors Super B Special Timing 17 Revmax Stage 4 Torque Converter rebuilt trans shift kit FBD 4" EXT 60lb valve springs MD Head bolts fuel heater deleted
Dodgedieselman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2010, 07:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
Diesel Head

I'd probably go with DTT or Goerend for the tranny, with emphasis on the Goerend. Top notch product. I second going to JKidd for the turbo, and have been hearing good things about those injectors.

As far as timing goes, you might as well do that in the first round of mods. If you're going to wait on the head studs, keep it to about 15.5-16*.. If you've got them going in before timing, feel free to go a little higher. Keep in mind that the higher you go, the more issues you're going to have in cold start situations. It's all about finding a happy balance between all your parts that works well for your truck, and your application.

24 + 6.7 < 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bike View Post
I went for about 20ft after the hit and felt fluid down my chin.
MX26 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2010, 07:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Thud View Post
that's who to contact
Agreed. jkidd is a great guy to deal with.
e.e. cummins is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2010, 08:01 PM   #20 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX26 View Post
I'd probably go with DTT or Goerend for the tranny, with emphasis on the Goerend. Top notch product. I second going to JKidd for the turbo, and have been hearing good things about those injectors.

As far as timing goes, you might as well do that in the first round of mods. If you're going to wait on the head studs, keep it to about 15.5-16*.. If you've got them going in before timing, feel free to go a little higher. Keep in mind that the higher you go, the more issues you're going to have in cold start situations. It's all about finding a happy balance between all your parts that works well for your truck, and your application.
I was looking at 16 or 16.5 well i guess i need to save money for the timing tools then lol but i got time to save i got to get trans fixed first it already pucks fluid out of the front of it LOL u got to have the timeing chain cover off to right? if so i go head and fix the KDP to
94 2500 Reg Cab 4x4 glowshift 3in1 GSK 4K FP #100 AFC tuned OFV fixed 7x12 injectors Super B Special Timing 17 Revmax Stage 4 Torque Converter rebuilt trans shift kit FBD 4" EXT 60lb valve springs MD Head bolts fuel heater deleted
Old 11-28-2010, 08:04 PM   #21 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgedieselman View Post
I was looking at 16 or 16.5 well i guess i need to save money for the timing tools then lol but i got time to save i got to get trans fixed first it already pucks fluid out of the front of it LOL u got to have the timeing chain cover off to right? if so i go head and fix the KDP to
Eh, not knowing your mechanical background, but adjusting the timing on these things can be pretty tricky. If you're not 100%, I'd suggest taking it to someone who knows.

Either way, here's the shakedown;

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/94...en-engine.html

24 + 6.7 < 12

Quote:
Old 11-28-2010, 08:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

No one know's how to work on this truck's where i live only diesel guy here is a ford man for the parts for my trans it is gone be 1800 just parts lol as for timing i have to do it why i asked if the truck would run with 7x10 the turbo and #100 fuel plate with out timing is becouse the rest well come at a later date
Old 11-28-2010, 08:14 PM   #23 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Will it run? Yes. Will it run good? Maybe. Will it run its best? Definitely not. Usually, timing is about the first thing you should knock out after all the cheap mods (Plate, AFC tuning, GSKs) are done.

24 + 6.7 < 12

Quote:
Old 11-28-2010, 08:22 PM   #24 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX26 View Post
Will it run? Yes. Will it run good? Maybe. Will it run its best? Definitely not. Usually, timing is about the first thing you should knock out after all the cheap mods (Plate, AFC tuning, GSKs) are done.
alright then when my trans is fixed and i start on the gsk and plate and all that i well work on the timing also the timing set on ebay a good deal? seen a post some where about it but cant find it now lol oh i forgot i do have a old friend that use to work for dodge and the cummins i might give me a call to see if he would like to help on the timing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.