glow shift gauges? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 94-98 12V Forums > 94-98 Non-Powertrain
94-98 Non-Powertrain Discussion of 94-98 Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 01:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
glow shift gauges?

i'v been considering buying the glow shift gauge set.has anybody used them, have they held up or are they junk?i like the AutoMeters i have in my 01 but they are double the price of the GlowShifts.any in put would be appreciated.
brianderkson is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2011, 01:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Cool idea, but they are mostly junk...
If you do a search you will find MORE then a couple of threads describing the trouble people have gone through using them. There are only a handful of people who have NOT had ongoing problems.
You'd[probably be doing yourself a favor by getting another brand.
Personally, I like the Westach Dual gauges, sold at Genos Gargage, for accuracy and reliability. Westach has its roots in Aviation gauages. Their white face/green light dual Boost/EGT fits and works perfectly in the oem A-pilar pod with grab handle. Genos sells both the gauge and pod at a fair price. They also have GREAT customer service.
seafish is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,107 Times in 1,570 Posts
Some people love them, others hate them.
They seem to stand behind their product well but who wants to hassle with removal and returns?
Personally I prefer to buy American = Isspro

Do a search for GloShift here and you'll find all kinds of comments.
Stock for one day
illflem is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2011, 05:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Ive had glow shift for a year now and love'em. Never any problems at all. These came out of a duramax after being used for 2 years. They work perfect.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

I have the 3 in 1 boost egt temp gauge. Got it off eBay and have not had a problem with it in a year and a half. Can't beat the price either.
12 valve 97, 3500 cab and chassis, 217k, #10 plate full forward, adjustable boost elbow peaks @ 42psi, head-bolts, Kevlar/ceramic clutch, and gauges
josh m is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2011, 11:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

thanks for the in put guys not sure which way i'll go yet after getting mixed input.i do like the idea of staying American made.the glow shift look cool on the web site but cool doesn't mean reliable.this is for my 89 truck w/95 Ppump motor.i would like to do all the gauges in the truck, seedo, tach,temp. ect ,but going Autometer would cost over a grad ouch.while i,m asking does anybody know where i can get an Apiller triple gauge pod for a first gen?only been able to find doubles.thanks again for your input.
brianderkson is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2011, 01:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,107 Times in 1,570 Posts
Thing I like about the Isspros is even years after the warranty was supposed to be over they're still happy to replace any problem gauges for free.
Most times they don't even want the broken one back.
Stock for one day
illflem is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
i love my glowshifts!
Old 12-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

My boost gauge works fine but my EGT does not. Since day one i have had issues with it. The probe is good but the gauge itself is not. If i did it again i would go with a better set the first time.
'05 4x4 long box SLT, G56, banks ram air, what silencer ring??lol CFM+ intake manifold, 4" turboback with 6" stacks, bully dog tripple dog GT.
crazytexas86 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2011, 02:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

I have a Glowshift trans temp gage and I've been happy with it. LED backlighting even changes colors which the kiddies seem to enjoy

I also have a fuel pressure gage but have not installed yet.

Big name gages are big money. I'm sure you get what you pay for. I'm just not willing to pay for.

Last edited by jcw74801; 12-02-2011 at 02:25 PM.
jcw74801 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2011, 02:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

i had isspros in my 03 f250 and since buying the dodge i figured i would try out the glowshifts. i read some good reviews and then some not so good..for the price i bought them. had them in maybe 2 days after buying the truck (they are about 45 mins west of me so i just picked them up)..i bought them in August of this year so only a few months now however i cant complain. i got a great deal on 4 gauges and a 3gauge pod and a single pod for the fp gauge. all the sensors and adapters for under 300 bucks. i think it was in the neighborhood of like 275 actually. cant beat that.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

isspro or autometer.....no question
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.