Cummins Diesel Forum banner

What did you do to your truck today?

577K views 7K replies 728 participants last post by  jd1013 
#1 ·
I had to steal this from the first gen guys. Tell us what you did to your truck today!!

Reactions: 199612vm
#3 ·
put the factory fog lights in my 98

Reactions: mannella
#8 ·
I posted this in the 1stgen what did you do to your truck today section but will repost here to get it in the 2ndegen threads.

Ordered one piece black housing headlights today. I am in that mood to do some appearance mods so will hopefully be posting soon that I purchased a 2" leveling kit and shocks.

#11 ·
painted the drivers side frame and patched a couple holes in the dump body, also ordered towing mirrors for it today!

#13 ·
I dreamed about driving it on the next camping trip. Since starting to tow with this truck, driving to the destination is more fun than the actual destination. At $4 a gallon, diesel is getting so expensive I spend more time dreaming than driving.

#16 ·
not to day but the last month.. installed a scrap yard switch controlled vaccum high idle. installed a switch controlled front axle engagement so now 2 wd low works finally with out going down there and switch the hoses..added a pair of work lamps in the back moved the breather tube to the crossmember"support" under the T-caze moved my 110/220volt inverter to a fiberglass box in the back of the bed in my tool box. of wich where I also installed a 220 to 110 volt converter and a 12 volt charger and routed my block heater cable in there as well "to the converter" so now when I plug the beast in it also charges.. .and made "today" a fiberglass dash part thingy that goes instead of the panel in the center of the floor over the srs air bag console and is a bit wider and installed a few gauges there.. vaccume gauge and a multi meter where I can swich between sensors from front axle heat T-case heat and rear axle heat intake manifold heat motor oil pan heat.. and added two cigar lighter sockets one doubble to the bottom of the dash passenger site and one in the engien bay... and improoved both my UHF radio and installed a CB radio to talk to my offroad buddies while trying to kill our selves on our glaciers...... as you can see this long post... Winter is coming

Reactions: Mikey L
#17 ·
not to day but the last month.. installed a scrap yard switch controlled vaccum high idle. installed a switch controlled front axle engagement so now 2 wd low works finally with out going down there and switch the hoses..added a pair of work lamps in the back moved the breather tube to the crossmember"support" under the T-caze moved my 110/220volt inverter to a fiberglass box in the back of the bed in my tool box. of wich where I also installed a 220 to 110 volt converter and a 12 volt charger and routed my block heater cable in there as well "to the converter" so now when I plug the beast in it also charges.. .and made "today" a fiberglass dash part thingy that goes instead of the panel in the center of the floor over the srs air bag console and is a bit wider and installed a few gauges there vaccume a multi meter where I can swich between sensors from front axle heat T-case heat and rear axle heat intake manifold heat motor oil pan heat.. and added two cigar lighter sockets one doubble to the bottom of the dash passenger site and one in the engien bay... and improoved both my UHF radio and installed a CB radio to talk to my offroad buddies while trying to kill our selves on our glaciers...... as you can see this long post... Winter is coming
Pics of high idle :drool2:

#20 ·
on the high idle sub. I´v seen some real complicated heavy dudy setups on here and the cable setup... I just got a normal closed air switch from scrap car i think a toyota and a vaccum acctuator that opperates choke on a nissan sunny 93 and a switch, a ´T´ and a vaccume hose and a few feet of wire.. just routed a vaccum hose to under the dash hooked the electrics straight to the cigar lighter loom and it works perfect cost like 5 bucks

Reactions: Mikey L
#21 ·
Does tomorrow count?

Going to install the ISSPRO pyro, reinstall the center console, fix the fuel pressure gauge, try driving it without the fuel plate, checkout why the 4X4 light is out on gthe dash, and I might even wash it.

#36 ·
That's the look I want for my truck. :thumbsup: ...only in white.

Greyson

#24 ·
installed a new track bar and driver side ball joints, will do passenger side tomorrow, and was sucessful in blowing out a line or something on the powersteering from turning the wheel a bunch of times with the truck off. :banghead:. didnt look yet to see exactly what it was. ( too tired)

#25 ·
Yesterday I bought a shell for my truck that I found on craigslist. It fits perfectly and is painted to match. It hasn't been on a truck in over a year so it is filthy dirty. I paid $80 for the shell.

I camp twice a year and sleep in the bed of the truck. This will make camping much better.

Reactions: 12VHamilton