found water under floormat drivers side? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 94-98 12V Forums > 94-98 Non-Powertrain
94-98 Non-Powertrain Discussion of 94-98 Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2011, 08:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
found water under floormat drivers side?

96 dodge cummins 307k..I've found that under the mat on the drivers side is soaked? the factory installed insulation is soaked under the floor mat. any ideas? truck never has been hot
cgraves5653 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2011, 12:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

my truck did the same after driving in some hard rain for a day (700+ miles), not sure the root cause yet, thinking a leak under the cowl.
turbo-max is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2011, 10:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
TB1
Cummins Enthusiast

Usually it's the third brake light seal that is leaking, The water will then run down the drip rail inside the cab and pool on the driver side floorboard.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo-max View Post
my truck did the same after driving in some hard rain for a day (700+ miles), not sure the root cause yet, thinking a leak under the cowl.
thanks turbo, I'll keep ya posted as to what I find..
Old 11-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB1 View Post
Usually it's the third brake light seal that is leaking, The water will then run down the drip rail inside the cab and pool on the driver side floorboard.
3rd brake light seal? I'm kinda lost on that. can you give me a bit more TB? Thanks again for the help ps - I vac'ed all the water out and dried out the mat, nothing else yet however ive not driven in any rain yet either..
Old 11-02-2011, 11:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
TB1
Cummins Enthusiast

On the back of the cab the third brake light has a foam seal that is prone to drying out and cracking allowing water to leak in to the cab. I believe it was a dealer only part but wasn't that much $ seemed to have solved my problem
Old 11-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Quote:
On the back of the cab the third brake light has a foam seal that is prone to drying out and cracking allowing water to leak in to the cab. I believe it was a dealer only part but wasn't that much $ seemed to have solved my problem
good to know, i will check mine, thanks!
turbo-max is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2011, 12:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
ROLLIN SMOKE DIESEL

Thanked 5,123 Times in 2,955 Posts
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
my cab was cracked in 3 spots on the top back, my rear window was improperly installed from the factory and had gaps i could see through, and my heater core was leaking. does the water feel sticky and smell sweet? or does it have a water musk smell? the 3rd brake lights do have issues as well.

Feel free to email me for quotes: duke@rollinsmokediesel.com

Monday-Friday 8am-5pm CST, online ordering 24/7
Broke Down is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2011, 05:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke Down View Post
my cab was cracked in 3 spots on the top back, my rear window was improperly installed from the factory and had gaps i could see through, and my heater core was leaking. does the water feel sticky and smell sweet? or does it have a water musk smell? the 3rd brake lights do have issues as well.
well im not real sure at this point what it is. I dont think its antifreeze. seems to be musky water. core has not ever shown any signs of leaking
Old 11-02-2011, 05:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Hide your cats!

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Is it the rear passenger or front floor mat? This will make a difference. Yes the rear light can be leaky to that extent. You should have a fan or a heater of some sort blowing on the carpet to help prevent rust. The longer it sits with water the more probe to rust damage it will be.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
TB1
Cummins Enthusiast

Mine was the front driver side and I do have an extended cab... it ran along the drip rail inside the cab to the driver side front as it's the lowest point in the cab. Also from past experience when the heater core goes the passenger side floor will get wet
Old 11-03-2011, 08:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Mine was the front driver side and I do have an extended cab... it ran along the drip rail inside the cab to the driver side front as it's the lowest point in the cab. Also from past experience when the heater core goes the passenger side floor will get wet
It is your ac condensation dripping back into your cab, all disgrace do this there a seal that drys out. What you do is cut a 6" piece of garden hose and put it on the end of the ac drain that is located on the fire wall in the inside of the engine bay
Dodgejs is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.