Rear brake line - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 94-98 12V Forums > 94-98 Non-Powertrain
94-98 Non-Powertrain Discussion of 94-98 Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 10:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Rear brake line

My rear brake line in the frame rusted away behind the fuel tank. I want to replace it before it blows out. I dont know the size of the line or what ends are on the line. Does anyone know anything about the size and the fittings. I called the local dodge dealer and they cant tell me what size the line is or what size the ends are.
sherbstrd350 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2010, 03:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

My christmas gift to all of you there's a service manual. Go to an auto parts store they can help you out.
98.5 2500, auto, 4x4, 4in turbo back, afe intake, adrenaline, Raptor 150, 1/2" lines,4 in. Kore lift, 37/12.5/16.5 Wrangler military MTs, tonneau cover, bigger sticks, Big head wastegate actuator, turn over ball and rapid hitch.
macd is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2010, 07:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

It's standard 3/16" steel brake line. You can buy it in precut lengths, preflared and with fittings. If you've never flared steel line, it takes a little practice and a double flare kit. Most inexpensive way is the precut lengths. Your best bet is to replace the entire line from left front wheel to just before rear end where rubber line attaches to the steel line.
RPegram is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2010, 01:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
best fix is to buy a prebent stainless brake line kit and swap them all out, i plan to do mine soon the brakes lines are rusty, my fuel lines are just scary though!!! got some 3/8 stainless line for them i swear if you breath on them they would leak!!!
Old 10-09-2010, 08:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

I have done this job in my driveway and spent about two days doing it. 3/16 brake line and a double flare tool and bender. make sure to bleed all wheels.
6_cyl is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2010, 10:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

You should check all of your lines, I replaced all my lines and hoses, bought a 50 ft coil, green epoxy coated stuff, bends easy by hand, does not kink.
I eliminated most of the junction blocks and made straight runs. No more worries about blowing lines, happened 2x !
Old 10-31-2010, 10:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Mine was rusty behing the fuel tank. I just bought a new rear line from the dealer. They are pre-bent and it was only about $30.00.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Im a big fan of 1/4" hydrualic hose myself.
'96 2500 RCLB, 47RE, 241HD, BHAF, Tuned AFC, #8 Plate, KDP'ed, MBRP T-B 4"-5" tip, Silencer Ring Gone, Skull Valve Stem Caps. In the works: 5" Lift w/6" coils. Dually Convert. Highway Products flatbed.
WhiskeyRider is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.