sagging headliner fix? - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 94-98 12V Forums > 94-98 Non-Powertrain
94-98 Non-Powertrain Discussion of 94-98 Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 08:10 AM   #13 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
i just put fabric glue on while it was up not the best fix but easier than taking it all off
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2010, 09:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayden101 View Post
interresting. dont mean to highjack but what year models will fit right in a 94-98 model..
I pulled mine out of an '01. I assume the 99-01 will drop in...not sure when Dodge went to the larger overhead design.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:26 AM   #15 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by calteg View Post
I pulled mine out of an '01. I assume the 99-01 will drop in...not sure when Dodge went to the larger overhead design.
You said you pulled one from an '01, but you assumed that the 99-01 style retrofits. Now that it's a few months later, can you tell us if it fits? I need to replace my overhead console and the housing for the 94-98 style is no longer available - if I can go with the 99-01(or 02?), that will widen the possibilities... Thanks for any insight you can provide!
Old 11-09-2010, 01:04 PM   #16 (permalink)

i tried to reglue fabric to it and like 3 months later it started to sag again, so i pulled all the fabric off and hit the foam with duplicolor rubberized undercoat, and then my visors, overhead console, handles, etc with their fabric and vynal paint to match the black, it looks pretty good and i like it, except it smells like paint in the truck now and its like huffing everytime i drove anywhere, but the smell doesnt last too long
Old 11-09-2010, 11:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

the headliner material will need to be removed and new glued on; use the heavy 3m stuff
there are two levels of strength in that product

cause i am working on myheadliner right now

there is an outfit called raamaudio that deals in sound control for high end competition audio.
he has a product that is called ensolite it is sticky back and it KILLS sound reverberation.
its closed cell and its a flat black in color
it goes on easy and if the foam is removed with a knife it will stick to the fiber real nicely
i have done all of my cab with it ;inside the doors and all
Old 11-10-2010, 10:42 AM   #18 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
the Michael's fabric store down here had actual headliner in stock make sure you ask and see if they have it. Its nice stuff and was cheap, about 30 bucks with the glue!
96 12v 4x4 regular cab, kdp killed, BHAF, 5in farmboy's exhaust, fuel plate MIA, 4kgsk, AFC mods, 22s 33s, 3:55s, pyro, boost, trans*, fp, Stg 3 Snow perf water/meth, BILLET ATS, 5x16s, 62/65/14, timing ~17.5 (thanks vinylman!) mack plug
Gasoline Sucks is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2010, 08:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

FYI, you might want to call your local fabric store to verify the size. I drove 45 minutes to my "local" store, I live out in the country you could say. They had foam backed grey and tan head liner material but it was only 54" wide which is not wide enough. you need at least 58" and that's a tight pull. I would recommend going to your local auto upholstery shop or online. I found this website and I'm thinking about ordering some from them. You can get by with 2 yards if your only doing the head liner in a club cab truck but if you want to do the visors you will need 3. Here is a link for that site.

Automotive Interiors - interior kits, carpet kits, seat covers
96, club cab, 5spd, 4x4, long bed, 4" Diamond Eye with muffler, BHAF with heat shield, AFC Mods, Fuel Plate Removed, Valair Kevlar/Ceramic 13", Sunpro fuel pressure boost and egt gauges, 5 1/2" lift on 35's.
FiveNdime is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2010, 10:07 AM   #20 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Trucks

Great episode of Trucks, goes into headliner replacement and lots of other cool stuff for a 2nd gen.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:55 PM   #21 (permalink)

head liner

I just did mine used the kit from jc whitney. the tan was the same as my original. the hardest part was getting the old foam off. I used awire brush in drill
Old 11-16-2010, 02:03 AM   #22 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

A few tips for headliner work.

3M Super 77 spray adhesive

It can help having a small paint roller and new roller brush to help smooth and attach fabric to glue

Get some insulation and/or sound deadening mat to apply to roof when headliner is out

If you are considering adding cab clearance lights, now is the time to do it.
98 12v, 48RE, Revmax kit, V/B, triple disc stage 5, ultra low stall with a few other billet pieces. AFC modded, 100ish plate, 16.5ish*, KDP gone, 60lb springs, 4K-GSK, BHAF, pyro, trans, boost guage. , 72 AM general M35A2 LDT465
jnicewan is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.