gelled how to fix - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > General Forums > 911 Urgent Situations
911 Urgent Situations Emergency Forum , Need Help Fast ? Post Here ! Urgent Topics Only...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2007, 07:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
gelled how to fix

think my fuel gelled how do i get her going.
butt6767 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2007, 07:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
FL3

cold

try and pour some power service into the fuel canister. Thats all I can think of at the present time.
FL3 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2007, 07:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

teach me not to use enougph Conditioner . think i will light a fire under her
Old 01-26-2007, 07:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
FL3

cold

I hate to admit but I had a 97 6.5 chevy. Had to put a salamander under the front bumper for about a half hour one morning because I thought 10.00 was way to much for some Power Service. Little did I know.:fist:
Old 01-26-2007, 07:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Normal Power Service (white bottle) will not ungel fuel.

Get Power Service Diesel 911 (red bottle) or Diesel Melt Down from FPPF or equivilant product. Anti-gel is not a de-gel. You need to de-gel or ungel your fuel.

First off, it is likely gelled in the fuel filter. Plug in your block heater over night, and put the truck in the garage if possible. Enough heat will reach the fuel filter to ungel the fuel in the filter.

Second, dump the Diesel 911 or Melt Down in the tank. If possible, park the truck in a heated garage overnight. You just have to get things above 35 or 40 degrees really.

In the AM, once you get the truck running, dump in a good anti gel, like Poweer Service Diesel Fuel Supplement (white bottle) or AMSOIL Cold Flow or equivilant product. Go fill the truck up if it is low on fuel, you'll want to dilute that 911 as much as you can now. From now on, treat every tank with anti gel if you are in cold temps.

If you can't find an anti gel, I can ship you a case of Cold Flow. Most truck stops and heavy truck repair shops should carry antigel and degel 911 products.

-Chuck

Duluth Diesel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2007, 07:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
FL3

cold

Sorry bud I completly forgot to mention what color bottle to use. I use the white one and have not had any problems as of yet, but it is just above 0 up here.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
www.Mopar1973Man.com

Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,357 Posts
For future reference...

I've been using 2 cycle oil for a anti-gel and lubrication additive. I Don't use PowerService or any of the other additives. So far I've been down to -20.2*F without a problem with cold starts or gelling problems.

I only takes 1 oz of 2 cycle oil to 1 gallon of fuel. Works wonderful.

As for more information on this go to...
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/al...troke-oil.html

Mopar1973Man is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2007, 08:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
FL3

Thumbs down 2stroke

Have you had any side affects or any other problems with it. I have wanted to try it but was going to wait till spring when it was a little warmer out just in case. By the way I have a 2001 extcab 6sp K&N FIPK carter 4601HP LP 4inch strait pipe.I would like to try 2stroke but dont want any problems down the road with this truck.....I just got rid of a problem child...(duramax) So far no problems with this one and dont want to start!
Old 01-26-2007, 09:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
www.Mopar1973Man.com

Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL3 View Post
Have you had any side affects or any other problems with it. I have wanted to try it but was going to wait till spring when it was a little warmer out just in case. By the way I have a 2001 extcab 6sp K&N FIPK carter 4601HP LP 4inch strait pipe.I would like to try 2stroke but dont want any problems down the road with this truck.....I just got rid of a problem child...(duramax) So far no problems with this one and dont want to start!
No problems...:thumbsup

Just check out these two links I've got lots of good information on ULSD and additive on the market.

2 Cycle Oil Research <- My Write up on 2 Cycle Oil

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/al...troke-oil.html <- 37 pages thread here on CF.com about 2 cycle oil usage!

Nothing to fear just use it! :thumbsup

Mopar1973Man is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2007, 09:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
FL3

2stroke

Thanks for all of the great info. Im going to try it in my next tank.:thumbsup
Old 01-26-2007, 09:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL3 View Post
Sorry bud I completly forgot to mention what color bottle to use. I use the white one and have not had any problems as of yet, but it is just above 0 up here.
Like I said, the white bottle works well as an anti-gel, but it will not ungel an already gelled fuel. The red bottle, Diesel 911, is used to ungel a gelled fuel.

One prevents the problem in the first place (white bottle) and the other fixes the problem once it has been allowed to occur (red bottle).

And yes, try the 2 stroke oil. Mopar1973Man speaks the truth!
-Chuck

Duluth Diesel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2007, 10:37 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Well I put some melt down in the tank and a disk heater is working on the filter. They are just too hard to take off especially when it is below zero.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.