Any way to ungel the diesel - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > General Forums > 911 Urgent Situations
911 Urgent Situations Emergency Forum , Need Help Fast ? Post Here ! Urgent Topics Only...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2008, 07:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whippit96 View Post
So what if there is only liquid fuel in the filters...mine is gel'd up post airdog. Only thing I can do is wait for it to get warmer as I have no garage or torpedo heater.
gets some 911 if you cant find any go get some gas (very last resort) and put in about 1 gallon to 25 gallons of diesel make sure you at lest add 2 stroke oil with that gas or you may really have problems
moparfan1234 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2008, 10:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram3500Dually View Post
Interesting, a mixture of white spirits(paint thinner) and naphtha........
You cannot read an MSDS and assume it is a ingredient list. The MSDS is just going to show you the carrier solvents. There is more to these products than what the MSDS will tell you.

Duluth Diesel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2008, 11:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Thanked 3,382 Times in 2,165 Posts
Isn't that what the MSDS is for, to tell you what is in the product?
2013 Ram 3500 Dually CTD 6.7/Aisin/4:10 LSD
Previous Rams:
90 CC Dually, 94 RC LB, 95 CC SB, 98 QC Dually, 00 QC Dually, 01 QC Off Road, 03 QC Dually, 05 QC Dually, 08 QC Dually, 10 CC Dually
Ram3500Dually is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2008, 11:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparfan1234 View Post
gets some 911 if you cant find any go get some gas (very last resort) and put in about 1 gallon to 25 gallons of diesel make sure you at lest add 2 stroke oil with that gas or you may really have problems
A gallon of gasoline?

Have you done this before?
Old 12-24-2008, 12:17 AM   #17 (permalink)
Diesel Head

My old boss did that on a Mack truck I drove about 20 years ago and it worked like a charm. I wouldn't make a habit out of it, but it will get you out of a bind.

Randy
Old 12-24-2008, 12:29 AM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvin4jc View Post
A gallon of gasoline?

Have you done this before?
yea. i wouldnt stear any one wrong. i had to last week since the power service did not do its job. it works but dont do it unless you have no other options.

edit: make sure you add 2 stroke oil for lube with it so it dont hurt your injection pump as much
moparfan1234 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2008, 10:30 AM   #19 (permalink)

Hi:

I just want to thank all of you for all the advise and help I received here. Was able to locate the products suggested here, at a local Canadian Tire store. Without your help, I most certainly would not be able to see my son who is in hospital in Northern Alberta, after the car they were travelling in, was hit by a drunk driver. Thanks!!!! Now to hit the road and make the trip.

Merry Christmas to all of you and Happy New Year! You are the best!!!!!!

Dwightp
dwightp is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.