Cummins Diesel Forum banner

cummins warranty

10K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  yoda 
#1 ·
can anyone send me a link for what the cummins warranty does cover? i'm going to try and dispute the charge and need to send them a copy.

thanks

#2 ·
#7 ·
Wouldn't this be covered by Cummins?

Seems my 06 dually CTD is having issues at 92K miles.

Shakes like crazy. LARGE harmonic vibration. Started at idle only, about 50K ago. (I've been injured, and just recently returned to the use of my truck, old driver told me about this, and I fired him), now it's through the entire RPM range.

SO bad, it will literally let you sit there and make the UHHHHH sound we all did as kids going over washboard roads, and it sounds just like that. Harmonic so bad, I drive the 4 runner now, parked the diesel.

So, I called the local cummins dealer. They can't work on it, too new. Refer me to Dodge.

I just saw the warantee on my truck, seems everything in the diesel is covered by a 100K mile warantee, so I'm left paying labor, and not for injectors / injector pump / whatever else they might say is wrong?

Someone point me in the right direction here. Only other issue I had, a rear end that went south and drag bar in front end, both covered at 32K miles, no issues. I've heard this fix I'm faced with currently can get VERY expensive (coming from the towing world, I remember the price of keeping our power strokes running), upwards of thousands of dollars if it's injectors....... So, I'm wondering, what, exactly, does this 100K mile Cummins warantee cover on a '06 Dodge.

I'm also a "business link" customer, if that means anything?

Thanks!

--Shane

#9 ·
if you look in your booklet that came w/ the truck, it will tell you all the information about your warranty. its suppose to cover everything (motor wise) except a $100 deductible till 100k miles.

#10 ·
had the same problem on a 07 C&C and they did not want to warranty it at 55K miles. Threw a big fit in front of everybody, made a jerk out of myself and then they took care of the warranty. They considered it a wear item.

#11 ·
does anyone know what a warranty kickback means? i went to the dealer the other day to get the service history of my truck and i found out that she has had the injector pump and an injector replaced as well (so this wasn't the first time this truck has had an injector issue) but on one of the items is said something about a warranty kickback. not sure what that means so i figured i'd ask.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.