Cummins Diesel Forum banner

which air filter?

6K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  Jed "dieselyeti" 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm wandering what everyone's opinion is on air filters? I'm lookin to get one before too long.

#2 ·
I have a K&N but would like to change it to a dry media filter soon.

While not a BHAF and just stock replacement I only used oiled filters on my desert toys.

#4 ·
Ok, thats what I was thinking. I new that oiled filters let a little more through than they ought to. Thanks Justin.:grin2:

#7 ·
I run only paper filters....look at what commercial trucks run. ;) I tried K&N type filters and was appalled by what was allowed to get through.....never again! I will change the paper filter every 6 months before I would go with a fabric, or oiled type filter.

Reactions: ChuckWagon
#17 ·
What's everybody's opinion on the BHAF?
The stock filter is plenty large. I'd be willing to bet you'd see absolutely no appreciable gains from a stock exposed filter to a bhaf. The restriction is the air box and a paper filter in general.

Go to an amsoil or AFE.

#23 ·
I've heard about the PDD filter. Are they really good? I just want to be sure to buy something that will keep my motor in good shape.

#27 ·
I installed a PDD air filter and my performance has gotten better. I live at 2700 feet and there is a 3 mile stretch of uphill road I drive every day to get home. With a stock filter I can maintain 50 - 55 on it depending on the air temp. With the PDD filter I can maintain 60. Don't have enough data for mpg, but I suspect it will be higher.

#34 ·
#33 ·
I love my AFE BHAF. Cut the end of airbox off and makes for a clean install.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.