Cummins Diesel Forum banner

transgo tfod diesel having problems

3K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  high line 
#1 ·
I did the install, trans not shifting right. 2nd gear is soft, trans will shift into 3rd while I have shifter in second. I also installed sonnax billet accumulator piston and intermediate servo cover. line pressure is 120 psi. Feels like 3rd is draggy maybe any advice is welcome. Trans is a 518. I used the seperator plate that came with the kit.

#2 ·
Did you adjust the TV Cable correctly ?

#5 ·
I gave it 4 turns with orange spring combo. I drilled holes bigger. I think I mis read the directions. In the directions they went back and forth on what seperator plate to use. Gonna put stock plate in.

#6 ·
120 psi at idle is way too high, back it out to flush and check it, should be closer to 75-85 for a daily driver. If you put the original factory splate back in, make sure you air check the new servo and both clutch to make sure you dont have a leak from a blown seal.

#7 ·
Talked to mark at transgo. He wants me to check the governor plugs and check balls.Truck was running about the same line pressure before installation of shift kit. Trans was fine before I touched valve body. I will air check. Gonna look at shift valves as well. What would cause it to shift to 3rd when shift lever is in 2nd??

#11 ·
The red goes in with the other 2 for the 3-4 accumulator, the green replaces the throttle valve spring if you want later shifts (optional), and the white goes into the side of the part throttle valve housing where a clip holds it against the limit valve, this is also "optional" to swap out with the oem one.

#12 ·
I put the 3 reds in the 3-4 accumulator. I did not put green in the throttle valve for later shifts. I put yellow in the ptv housing. Now I still have 3 springs that are almost the same size red green and sorry orange. Springs are .400 X 1.4000 inches in size

#15 ·
In the picture I see a green and blue the same, then larger orange and blue the same.

When you took the valve body apart, did you wet sand the castings on a flat surface to check for valve body warpage?

Was the original pressure regulator spring in it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.