Cummins Diesel Forum banner

exhaust manifold removal and the super bolt penetrant

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Rnz520 
#1 ·
I had had a decent exhaust leak at cylinder 1 and 3 but was afraid to pull the manifold because of the bolt shear I kept reading about, I heard about a 50/50 blend AFT and acetone, tried it and it didn't burn off like PB does when ran fairly hard so after another hot manifold application and overnight soak a few decent smacks with a rubber mallet on my box end 13mm and they all broke loose no problems. :party018: The same goes for turbo studs.

All in all it worked great, didn't see anything pertaining to home made penetrant in my search of the forum and just wanted to share the info :thumbsup:

Although the vinagerette residue in the bottom of the bottle I dug out from the recycle may have helped, that stuff had some umph to it. :hehe:

Reactions: peckens
#4 ·
Kroil is amazing, we have tried all kinds of stuff at work and kroil is among the best.

#6 ·
Kroil is pretty good, makes you wonder what the can it comes in is made out of...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.