Cummins Diesel Forum banner

NP205 front output seal

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Philip 
#1 ·
I have had trouble finding the correct seal for the front output shaft on my NP205 in my 1991 W250. All the parts houses can't seem to find the right one so after much searching here is what I've found to be the right seal for my particular truck. The old seal # was 13970 (Mopar # i think) and the new seal # is a National 223552. Hope this helps someone else out in the future.

#2 ·
Ok. Scratch that part #. Upon closer inspection I believe the part # on the old seal was 13070 instead of a 13970. The correct crossover for this seal # is 473457. Most parts houses show the correct seal # to be 473313 but the shaft hole id is too small on this seal to fit my truck. RockAuto is the only autoparts place that offers two different front output seal choices for the 1st gen 4x4s. It will either be the 473457 or the 473313.

Hope this helps

#5 ·
Most W250's were gassers and had the NP208 Tcase. My guess is that the parts catalog only list that case, which would have a different seal. Some later trucks did have the NP241 but still likely a different sdeal than the 205.

There's really no swappable parts between the 208 and 205.

#6 · (Edited)
Here is a link..

Transmission Seal, Output (Front) (12mm Thick, 78mm OD) 301071

I have delt with them quite a few times. I would just call them. Tell them what you need and what its going into. Throw a CC at them and your done.

That front output seal is a double seal. Do not try a single type seal. It will leak.

Look the front yoke seal surface over real good. If it is groved where the seal lips ride. Pick up a speedy sleeve and install it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.