PTO with Hydraulic Pump - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 1st Gen. Dodge Cummins 89-93 12V Forums > 89-93 Powertrain
89-93 Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2008, 09:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
PTO with Hydraulic Pump

I have an engine driven hydraulic pump that has an electromagnetic clutch that is run by belts. The belts are slipping when the pump is under load. To get rid of the slipping problem I was considering putting on a pto with a direct mounted hyd pump. Does anyone have this setup? I am looking for some advice. I was hoping to get a used unit. It would probably have to come off a '94 and up 2wd to work though.
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2008, 08:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

I am also looking for a PTO hydralic pump setup for my 91'. No luck locating one yet. I thought those belt drive pumps looked pretty cool. What are you running with it that loads it so bad it slips?
Andy1845c is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2008, 09:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

If the belts and pulleys are correct and in good shape they should bite hard before slip. Most 1 ton's with central hydralics are run from dual belts. Lots of boats also run that system for hydraulic power. I had lots of trouble with my boat and it turned out the pulleys on the crank were aluminum and had worn to the point where the belts bottomed out instead of riding on the sides as they are supposed to. I had a machine shop turn out a steel one.
89 dodge 3/4 4x4, A727 ,3.07 gears, factory L S , powerstroke intercooler, S300, stans exaust with stainless tailpipe, fuel power screw turned?, fuel pin turned to deepest, 3 turns smoke screw, 1/2 turn down on starwheel. 93 W250 ex cab, 6X16's, 60 GDS, rag
Richie O is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2008, 09:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Pump

My truck has a lot of miles so there is know doubt that the pulleys are worn. I change the one on the pump. But I have not changed the one on the fan hub. The way it is set up on an intercooled truck with the newer style rad is with a solid drive fan (no clutch). I didn't like this so I put a fan on but I cannot get to the fan nut to change it out. So I am pretty much SOL. My pump is a 5 gal/min and a 3 gal probably wouldn't load the belts as bad. A shop that services these systems says the dodge diesels stock belt and tensioner has a hard time keeping up to the demands. I would like to get a direct drive system. I would part with my pump and brackets. You would just have to get the fan pulley to make it work.

They also make a system that usese your serpentine belt that mounts where the a/c compressor goes on non a/c trucks.

CR Toney
Old 12-29-2008, 04:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

The serpentine belt drive pump that replaces the AC compressior is the one I have seen. One of the folks here at the boards showed it to me. Looked like a cool setup as you would have true live hydralics and no control cables for the PTO mechinism. Only thing is I would like to see how folks have routed steel lines of hoses to the pump. I can't see any real clean way to do it on my 91' inless I could make custom steel lines.
Andy1845c is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.