Denny T Pump Top (afc delete top) - Page 7 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 1st Gen. Dodge Cummins 89-93 12V Forums > 89-93 Performance Parts Discussion
89-93 Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 1st Gen Trucks No Advertising ...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #73 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Once again dont confuse bd with bully dog, two different companies and pins. Bd makes a great pin.
89 RC on shortened 92 diesel frame - NV4500 w/dual disc/4.10s on 37s. - Self built pump, "hot screw", lots of timing, True high volume low pressure lift pump, 62fmw/68/12, 77lpm SAC Inj., Studs/O-rings,- 423/1220mustang - 11/16/2013

www.TheHungryDiesel.com We Specialize In 1st Gen Performance!If you don't see it, please ask
(208)215-5659 call/txt
RCCUMMINS89 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #74 (permalink)
So God Made a Farmer..

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
well i guess aside from Denn T and M & H there all the only ones worth a dang from what im told, HOWEVER i guess i shouldnt say anything due to the fact ive never ran a BD so....
Randall's Performance Inc.
Tater
TaterSalad is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #75 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

I know 2 people with bd pins, with unmolested pumps. however with hx35s, exhaust, and either stock injectors or 60hp injectors.

Neither one of them has ever had an o-ring problem and they are a less smoke/faster spooling more smooth power than the what seems like a hundred trucks I have seen with a denny pin. Also the hp/tq gain from the bd pin feels about the same.

My dad has a denny pin and it doesn't seem to have the gain that the bd pin gives, because his truck has more of a flooded feeling than the bd pin. WOT full blown to the wood after spooled feeling is exactly the same. His truck is stock in the pump department besides pin.

Point I'm making is the bd pin seems to be less aggressive with the same full fueling and it provides less smoke and faster spooling, the denny pin stage 1 or 2 seems to be more of a young kid smokey style pin.
89 RC on shortened 92 diesel frame - NV4500 w/dual disc/4.10s on 37s. - Self built pump, "hot screw", lots of timing, True high volume low pressure lift pump, 62fmw/68/12, 77lpm SAC Inj., Studs/O-rings,- 423/1220mustang - 11/16/2013

www.TheHungryDiesel.com We Specialize In 1st Gen Performance!If you don't see it, please ask
(208)215-5659 call/txt
Old 03-19-2012, 11:48 PM   #76 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

I know 2 people with bd pins, with unmolested pumps. however with hx35s, exhaust, and either stock injectors or 60hp injectors.

Neither one of them has ever had an o-ring problem and they are a less smoke/faster spooling more smooth power than the what seems like a hundred trucks I have seen with a denny pin. Also the hp/tq gain from the bd pin feels about the same.

My dad has a denny pin and it doesn't seem to have the gain that the bd pin gives, because his truck has more of a flooded feeling than the bd pin. WOT full blown to the wood after spooled feeling is exactly the same. His truck is stock in the pump department besides pin.

Point I'm making is the bd pin seems to be less aggressive with the same full fueling and it provides less smoke and faster spooling, the denny pin stage 1 or 2 seems to be more of a young kid smokey style pin.

(208)215-5659 call/txt
Old 03-20-2012, 01:26 AM   #77 (permalink)
Banned from b.o.t.t.s.r.

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCUMMINS89 View Post

I never ran a bd pin but I do agree I almost have to run a valve spring under the starwheel to control smoke with my Denny t stage II

I would not want an afc delete with my setup. My injectors flow all the fuel I can use so the afc is all I got to control smoke!

A tight afc will build far more power than flooding out your engine and drowning your turbo. I would bet on it.

With stock injectors, A heavy fueling pin, Or the pump top delete, would be a good performance upgrade, but If you want more... Then injectors is where I'd lay down my cash... then work on stopping 'em. OR AD MORE AIR!

With fuel projected to go past $5 a gallon this summer I'd work on making the most power with as little black coming out the tail pipe as possible.

My $.02
92-12valve, maxed ve, 3200 gsk, 5x14 sac Lee Jessie injectors, custom Steed Speed (vgt) manifold, mechanically controlled he351ve, 6.0 intercooler w/ 3" pipes, 5" turbo back, Glowshift 3-in-1, Fluidampr, SBC con-ofe, short throw shifter, homemade adapter plate, ZF6-s750/NP271, 4.88's on 40" Mud Grapplers, elevated 12" in a 04 super duty___Banned from B.O.T.T.S.R.
James Oyer
01/05/1978 - 05/28/2012
Thank You for being my "TRUE FRIEND" We love you Jim.
badmfron is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #78 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

I can drive my truck with a delete just the same as a fuel pin by easing on the skinny pedal until its spooled basicly ramping the fuel like the pin does. Im getting the same mileage however i cant be precise on that cause my odo is out.
I can drive mine with stock injectors just fine no smoke and can ease all the way to wot with just a haze with her to the floor
Now if i drop the hammer it will dump but drive it normal and easy and you'd never now you had it.
And unless you running big injectors that run alota fuel at idle i don't see why it would be bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.