Join Date: Sep 2009
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Well here is the order of my mods -
- ISSPRO Boost, fuel pressure, pyro (no performance gain)
- South Bend clutch (Getrag needed a rebuild, so upgraded for the coming bombing)
- Turned the pin - minimal gain
- 5 x .014 injectors - significant gain, but with stock turbo was "peaky" temps were still reasonable, fuel pressure would go to 0 under 15+ pounds of boost
- HTT 62/65/13 - no real power gain, but smoothed out power band and reduced temps, boost with stock turb was 22 pounds, HTT pushed it to 32, spiked to 36 psi once
- Source Automotive (Diamond Eye) 4" turbo back, straight pipe exhaust - done with turbo
- BHAF - done with turbo
- Piston Lift pump, 3/8" feed line, 5/16" return - minimal performance gain, but brought fuel pressure up to 15psi under boost
- A1 studs with OEM gasket - I blew my head gasket the ONE time my boost spiked to 36 PSI
- 3600 RPM governor spring - see below
- Turned full fuel screw - while I had the pump apart for the spring change I removed all the "lockouts" from the pump adjustments, turned my full fuel screw up significantly (still no indication of runaway), all I can say is WOW. I can roll from 40-90 in 4th gear and get there RIGHT NOW, temps are 1400ish and boost is 45 (waste gate blocked)
I did things in the order I did due to time and parts deals (group buys and good old fashioned negotiations)... I still have more on the "wishlist"... But now I am focusing more on getting the temps down. I want to do a cam swap, ported head, 3 piece exhaust manifold and intercooler upgrade... I also want to do a M2 pin, but Thomas is on vacation right now so it might be a couple weeks...
If I was to do it all over again I would probably do it in this order:
- GAUGES - boost, pyro, fuel pressure and trans temp (for automatic)
- Piston lift pump and fuel lines
- governor spring, turn pin and full fuel screw
- M2 fuel pin
- Injectors (and likely more pump tuning)
*EDIT* After another run, the truck will hit 1600* if I run it WFO all the way to 110ish...
"lightly modified" 85 Crew Cab: 92 CTD, 6" lift, South Bend ConO clutch, ISSPRO gauges, 5x.014s, HTT 62/65/13, ported, studded and o-ringed, 4" turbo back, piston lift pump, M2 fuel pin, M&H timing spacer, pump turned up, 3200 RPM governor...
Last edited by freak007; 07-11-2010 at 11:53 PM.