fuel pump turn up??? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 1st Gen. Dodge Cummins 89-93 12V Forums > 89-93 Performance Parts Discussion
89-93 Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 1st Gen Trucks No Advertising ...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 02:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
fuel pump turn up???

hi i was wondering how to turn my fuel pump up on a 1993 cummins 12 valve without having to worry about runaway>>>>and i want more smoke lol how do i do this myself thanks Aaron
moparman9 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2009, 02:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

the smoke screw will give you smoke without runaway. there is a round cover on top of the injection pump, take it off and there is a torx screw and a lock nut, turn it clockwise to turn it up.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

how far do i turn the torx down?? all the way
moparman9 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2009, 05:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

here's how i gave me truck "the biscuits" , popped the whole cover of the pump, carefully pull out fuel pin, turn it 180 degrees so that deepest part of the fuel pin is facing toward the front of the truck (you'll easily see what i mean), replace the fuel pin back in, now i also dropped the smoke screw 3 turns, but didnt touch the power screw on the back side, this will deliver more fuel on initial motor accelaration MAKING HER SMOKE
morinscummins is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2009, 06:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shainer View Post
Read through some of these articles.
Tech Article Links

Here is pump tuning.
CumminsDatabase.com :: Turning Up A P7100 Pump
'89-'93 trucks have the VE pump. '94-'98 have the P7100.
peobryant is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2009, 06:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

i was actually gonna say the same thing
morinscummins is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2009, 01:04 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparman9 View Post
hi i was wondering how to turn my fuel pump up on a 1993 cummins 12 valve without having to worry about runaway>>>>and i want more smoke lol how do i do this myself thanks Aaron
this will get you in the right direction

Turning up the pre 94 Ram diesel injector pump
Old 04-21-2009, 09:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

I'd buy a fuel pin, like a denny T fuel pin. It will give you more power, smoke and top end! and its easy to install. They claim 40 horse and around 70 ft. lbs of torque by changing the fuel pin.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

to really make it smoke you need to add more fuel. the adjustments they are suggesting will let the stock amount of fuel to be delivered sooner at lower boost. give a puff of smoke at take off. the fuel screw is in the back of the pump facing the firewall. hard to see but look above the fuel lines for a screw with a collar and a jam nut. loosen the nut and back the screw all the way out. now you need to cut the collar off without damaging the threads. use a file or saw, your choice. put the nut back onto the screw all the way and put the screw back in. i run mine screwed all the way in until it bottoms out and leave it there but i hear about runaway on here all the time. most guys turn it until it bottom and then back it out a couple of turns. you will need to adjust idle. i ran with my screw bottomed out for 130k and my pump gernaided at 250k. i had to replace the pump and the first thing i did was bottom out the fuel screw. that's been 50k and still no runaway. lucky??? this will make the smoke roll. rotate the pin and while your in there with the pin out you will see a gear looking thingy in there. turn that a turn or more for more smoke. that's the star wheel and mine is turned all the way down "clockwise"
Old 05-25-2009, 04:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

hey guys,
i have owned one 0f my 93 trucks for about 1 and a half years, it has always seemed a little doggish. I assumed that was because it has 258,000 on it and the previous did not know anything about diesels and did not take care of it. I hauled a load of wood today and had to shift into 4 lo to get it goin up the hill. The load was ot that heavy. My question is how do i give it a little pep without breakin the bank?
12valvemafia is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2009, 09:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12valvemafia View Post
hey guys,
i have owned one 0f my 93 trucks for about 1 and a half years, it has always seemed a little doggish. I assumed that was because it has 258,000 on it and the previous did not know anything about diesels and did not take care of it. I hauled a load of wood today and had to shift into 4 lo to get it goin up the hill. The load was ot that heavy. My question is how do i give it a little pep without breakin the bank?
is it an an automatic truck?
you can have all the power in the world but if the trans wont transfer it it does no good.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:17 PM   #12 (permalink)

its an automatic. what brand of torque converter would be recomended?
12valvemafia is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.