Cummins Ramcharger - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 1st Gen. Dodge Cummins 89-93 12V Forums > 89-93 Non-Powertrain
89-93 Non-Powertrain Discussion of 1st Gen. Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 09:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Cummins Ramcharger

I have an old ramcharger that I would like to fix up. Me and my sister both came home from the hospital in it so it has sentimental value. I h e came up with two options, both involve a 12v. I could fix it up as is and put axles out of a w250 into it. I could also cut the front off and weld it onto the back of a crew cab body and put it on a 250 or 350, crew cab, short box frame. Making it a 4 door ramcharger. The roof is rotten around the rain rail, and the floor is gone in the front. And opinions to help me decide? Or any suggestions as to what I should do with it?

Thanks,

Alex
alexrieger94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 10:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'd shorten a w250 frame and put the body on it. Seems to be the way to go.
91 W250, Automatic slushbox, HE351CW, 2nd Gen intercooler, 3" Intercooler piping, 4" Exhaust, Fuel screw 1 turn from runaway, stock fuel pin turned, Crew-cab build in part gathering stage. 78 4wd crew SB donor.
disgoup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 11:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
VP of the expensive side

That crew cab idea sounds pretty terrible to be honest. RCCUMINS89 has a badass RC on a W-250 frame/drivetrain, it's a nice setup.
'01 6spd Sold
Wombat Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 12:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

My father in law slapped the 8-lug axles under his RC. Seems like a lot less work than placing the body on a shortened truck frame.

The 4 door thing would be badass because you just don't see any Excursion/Suburban sized Dodges. A lot of work though on a rig that sounds like it already needs a lot of work. Do what YOU want!!!
2005 2500 QCLB, BigHorn, 48RE/3.73, Edge Juice w/ CTS + Turbo Timer, GDP 20/2 fuel filter on the frame, ISSPro EV2 Oil and LP Pressure in the cubby hole, Custom Diesel Steering Box Brace (yes it helped with wandering), Hella 550 lights in place of the factory fogs
STONR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 01:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

there is a guy that has had one for sale for a while and he shortened a w250 frame. I would think it would be easier to swap everything over from a cummins truck then shorten the frame. I guess it depends on how much you have to shorten it and where.
jawman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 02:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

I'm going to work with the frame I have. I want to drive this thing next month, not next year. It's 2wd, so its only a matter of swapping the engine and 8-lugging it. Will go 4wd later... have some 07 Superduty axles kicking around.

If building a frame, the one to start with is a cummins supercab, or a cab & chassis. They have the tall 8" channel
Old 11-28-2013, 12:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

i think the hard part would be the roof panel. then again its only MEDAL.
chris first gen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2013, 12:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

4dr ramcharger ftw!
Old 11-28-2013, 02:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by revemup15 View Post
4dr ramcharger ftw!
What he said I've pictured this before kinda like a suburban/excursion kinda deal

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
91 ic 4x4, de straight pipe, home made cai, dennyt stage 2, nv4500, South bend Clutch, 04 ram seats, pump mods, SkyJacker 2.5 in lift, INDUSTRIAL PHATSHAFT 62/68/14, ps intercooler, coolertubz, DAP 7X.0105 SAC injectors
nornev1stgen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.