1st gen Crew Cab plans - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 1st Gen. Dodge Cummins 89-93 12V Forums > 89-93 Non-Powertrain
89-93 Non-Powertrain Discussion of 1st Gen. Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2011, 10:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
1st gen Crew Cab plans

Been wanting to build one of these for years. Starting to do some more research on this again today and found this forum. Been reading through posts all afternoon and think I have a general plan. First let me say thanks for all the hard work and info out there.

I have been looking for a 92/93 Extended cab W250 with a cummings for awhile now that would be the base for a crew cab build. At this stage I'm looking for opinions on what would be the easiest build process.

Could a 92 or so ext cab long bed be used with an 85 crew cab and short bed? Or would the wheel openings in the bed be off? I'm guessing lengthening the frame is the only real way to go. Leave the option of using an 8' bed that way too.

From what I read an 85 crew cab body will bolt up with most everything except the firewall is different. What all would need to be done to a crew cab tub to make it bolt in usable assuming the frame work is done?

I'm hopping to end up with a 92/93 crew cab cummings in as close to OME looks as I can get.
akamphi is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2011, 11:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 10 reviews
There simple to do firewall is the same unless you go 5 sp then you have to add clutch slave cyl other then that wiring and pretty much everything bolt's back into the crewcab .I am in the process of doing my sencond truck Plus I have a spare crewcab shortbed 4x4 and also a Longbed crewcab frame if your interested just send me a PM when your done it's hard to tell it's not factory built .
2008 QCLB sold 2011 cclb Sold 2013 Durango new ride RIP Speedy the 67 vw died a very hot Death 5-17-2010 New toy 1985 crewcab longbed 4x4 conversion with a 93 cummin's and built 518 auto ,hx35 with a 12 wg housing ,366 spring and fuel pin .along with Boost and Pyro gauges and Tach .
simplysmn is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2011, 12:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

since our 74 crew cab floors were bad
we cut out the rust and used a 93 club cab fire wall
cummins/ 5 speed
http://ramchargercentral.com/diesel-...ummins-hauler/

Last edited by draginmopars; 09-12-2011 at 12:13 AM.
draginmopars is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to draginmopars For This Useful Post:
akamphi (09-12-2011), thechoochlyman (09-12-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 03:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

best thing to do is find a crew cab truck and put the cummins in it.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19cummins92 View Post
best thing to do is find a crew cab truck and put the cummins in it.
Thats what I'm thinking. I'm betting there are morth then a few out there with cummings already too. Saw a 2 wheel 85 crew with a cummings for sale yesterday. What would it take to convert to 4X?
akamphi is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2011, 08:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

Check out this thread for 4x4 conversion: 84 Dodge Crew Cab 2wd to 91 Cummins 4wd.

Both the crew cab short bed and club cab long bed have 149" wheelbases, but you can't swap stock cabs directly because the crew frame has a longer lowered section under the cab. If you did something like draginmopar's post (married the cabs), you might be able to put a crew cab on the club cab frame (with cab mounts moved), but rear seat would not have the leg and/or head room of a stock crewcab. You would also need to cut 4" off the back of the frame (longbeds have 42.25" rear overhang, while the shortbeds and Ramcharger have 38.25" overhang).
olde_blue is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2011, 08:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Piece of Cake to convert em just takes time
2008 QCLB sold 2011 cclb Sold 2013 Durango new ride RIP Speedy the 67 vw died a very hot Death 5-17-2010 New toy 1985 crewcab longbed 4x4 conversion with a 93 cummin's and built 518 auto ,hx35 with a 12 wg housing ,366 spring and fuel pin .along with Boost and Pyro gauges and Tach .
simplysmn is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2011, 08:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Thanked 3,163 Times in 2,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akamphi View Post
Thats what I'm thinking. I'm betting there are morth then a few out there with cummings already too. Saw a 2 wheel 85 crew with a cummings for sale yesterday. What would it take to convert to 4X?
There is no G in a Cummins....
2013 Ram 3500 Dually CTD 6.7/Aisin/4:10 LSD
Previous Rams:
90 CC Dually, 94 RC LB, 95 CC SB, 98 QC Dually, 00 QC Dually, 01 QC Off Road, 03 QC Dually, 05 QC Dually, 08 QC Dually, 10 CC Dually
Ram3500Dually is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Ram3500Dually For This Useful Post:
randomb0b123 (09-14-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.