Cummins Diesel Forum banner

What did you do to your 1st gen truck today?

2M views 15K replies 761 participants last post by  1320Fastback 
#1 ·
I wanted to start a thread for everyone to discuss what they may have done to their truck on a daily basis. Rather than create a new thread for each and every thing, perhaps this will be a good one to discuss things.

Today I had to go out and buy some cheap mud flaps. My aluminum diamond plate running boards were stolen a few days ago, and I want to try to deflect some road debris as I ponder where I may find some more, and if I can afford them. I screwed the cheapie flaps in to the front fender wells and hope they do a decent job, especially on gravel roads.

#2 ·
changes the oil and all the filters, greased the front end and all the u joints. where did you have your truck parked that they felt safe enough to unbolt your running baords?

#3 ·
Pulltilbroke made some sweet mudflaps out of an old aluminum toolbox of somthing and screwed a cummins license plate on the bottom and they look great, in gona make some but mine will have john deere old logo plates on them.:confused013: At least i think it was pulltilbroke.

Dar

#5 ·
Verified that the recently machined pressure and reaction plates will center the forward & intermediate clutch-pacs on their associated hubs (auto trans thing). Will put it all back together as soon as I figure out what I'm gonna do with the overdrive planet.

#6 ·
Dropped the Trans to change out the rear main seal & trans pump seal...also put in new door pins and bushings and replaced the rocker cover gaskets, which i painted the covers hemi orange....i think thats everything

#353 ·
so wait you do or dont have a fist gen and number 2 where was that ground wire loss at i have hunted and hunted for mine but no luck. i know if i hit the dash when the gauges stop working they will come right back on though ha ha red neck.

#9 ·
did a little more pump tweaking, changed some wires around so the power windows work with the key in acc too, not just on.

found that both end joints in my 1 year old steering center link are toasted. time to rain hellfire down on autozone.

#2,981 ·
I would be interested in hearing about your headliner job. I assume you are removing and replacing with a new one?

#15 ·
Put new 285's on the 07 getting ready to put new 315's on the dually friday.:doh:

#16 ·
well....i didnt really do anything constructive but i did blow both of my motor mounts today....the old cummins is just sitting in there at the moment. in the garage tomarrow i guess.

#17 ·
I replaced the 12cm housing with an 18, went for a test drive. Egt's dropped 150*. Then looked at my 366 spring on the bench

#19 ·
drove around town for a bit and went on the highway, noticed that at a higher RPM before it shifted into O/D it smokes black like crazy

#22 · (Edited)
Well, its not what I did to my truck but what my truck did to me. On fathers day I was working on my dually and I told my son to turn the steering wheel to the right so I can loosen the stabilizer bushing bolt, well, he did but popped the clutch and ran over my whole leg up to my groin (ouch!!!!). I got two broken bones in my foot and my leg was bruised from the tips of my toes all the way up to my hip. Getting better tho. Turns out I was allergic to all pain meds the docs prescribed to me so I opted to use my favorite med. hence the can pictured next to my foot.:party018:

#23 ·
a while back i found me a different front bumper to put on.

a couple days ago i built my uncle some new stacks for his truck.i call them the rabbit ears. angle cut, flipped 180 and tig welded back together.

the bar across is to hold the guard until we put his toolbox back in and today he wanted to cut the stacks down 1 inch shorter and we switched the right stack to the left and the left to the right so the cuts are facing out.
oh also he wanted to paint his grill with some bed coating which came out really good. this morning i had to put a new drag link on because the ball joints on my old one were goners......i think thats about it.

#94 ·
Is that a corn pro trailer?